freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
coffeetwitch said:
could be. also he just ignores the fish we have. swam by the coral beauty's hiding spot several times, the beauty turned on its side and the snowflake swam right on by like the beauty wasnt even there.

Good! Lol.........

Mine has bit me, but it didn't hurt at all. Mine is only about a foot long though lol. My tank has a lot of flow, so if I don't put the food in it's face, it would never find it. I also know exactly when it's hungry. It looks at me with this face, and I just know. When I eventually upgrade, I'll get a zebra moray eel, since they look awesome and get bigger.

Also, snowflake eels will usually not bother fish, since they are not moray eels, and mainly feed on inverts like crab and shrimps in the wild.

Kio707 said:
Thinking of getting one for my new 150g.... It looks awesome! Bothers ur other fish at all?

Not at all, but I have a pretty tought crowd, the maroon clownfish tailslaps him even though I am sure the eel could eat him right up. I would not put him in with a mandarin or any small fish. I have heard stories of them eating all the fish in the tank...

I have a yellow eye tang, foxface, two true clowns, flame hawkfish, starry blenny, and cardinal... Think they could be victims?

The blenny is the only thing I would be even slightly worried about. Mine has slipped right under my maroon clown, when it was sleeping on the sandbed. It was really funny. My yellow tang also follows it around to make sure it's not screwing around.

slitherbomb said:
Mine has bit me, but it didn't hurt at all. Mine is only about a foot long though lol. My tank has a lot of flow, so if I don't put the food in it's face, it would never find it. I also know exactly when it's hungry. It looks at me with this face, and I just know. When I eventually upgrade, I'll get a zebra moray eel, since they look awesome and get bigger.

Also, snowflake eels will usually not bother fish, since they are not moray eels, and mainly feed on inverts like crab and shrimps in the wild.

I thought a snowflake moray eel was a moray just like a zebra moray eel, they are not piscavores however.

My teacher has a fully grown snowflake, and this thing is ugly, but it hasn't bothered the fish yet. He keeps a school of pompanos, and has a 1" grunt in there too. He also has a baby nurse shark but we're not talking about that lol

Man, just got that guy... But in a 150, it'll have room... Still worry?

Ultimately we will have a bug tank for him. I just want to get this one finished before we start looking door a bigger one. Unless there's just a deal we can't pass up

Honestly, if it's well fed, it shouldn't feel the need to eat a fish. Mine eats until it doesn't want anymore, and then all my shrimp eat the rest.

So, knowing our current set up, can I get any kind of clam or scallop? I really like those I think they're called flame scallops. And those really pretty clams. Thoughts?

Tracie6283 said:
So, knowing our current set up, can I get any kind of clam or scallop? I really like those I think they're called flame scallops. And those really pretty clams. Thoughts?

What's ur lighting?

Tracie6283 said:
Twin bulb t5 ho. Twin bulb t5 lo.

Nope. I have about the same output. Y I'm going to a T5 x 8 bulbs... But they need a lot of light....

Back
Top Bottom