freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm glad youre not po'd. I was upset when I first started asking the tang questions and people just kept telling me no. It's so frustrating to want something that people tell you that you cant have. But you'll get there and there are other options. The bristlenose tangs are ok in a 75 and they are kidna cool, I have the tomini in my qt right now. :) Also the kole tang is awesome and he too can be ok in a 75. I;m sure they would both PREFER the 6 feet of swim room but it's been shown that they can do just fine in a 75g.

no i get a little miffed when no one explains the why, granted sometimes i dont get it but i do like the rhyme to the reason. even better if someone takes the time to drill it into my stubborn head. ive looks at some of the bristlenose tangs on liveaquaria only one or two popped and said buy me.

im working toward the big tank. i dont know if a tang can live with a lion.

coffeetwitch said:
this is carried over from another thread. better "argue" it here than his.

at some point we have all over stocked. and had success. we have paired up the "wrong" two fish and they thrive. we have seen cramped conditions in our lfs and yellow tangs in cubes that are no where near 72" long. yet week after week the fish are still there. who sets these guidelines for tank compatibility? 0 nitrates with a canister filter and a hob skimmer with a 55g sw. ive got a firemouth in an african cichlid tank. these things do happen against all that we read.

lol with that said! im still going to get the one spot on the grounds that i dont want to be flamed, and it would make a good excuse to get a 180 sw.

I have pond that is barely big enough for 2 full grown Koi. Not only do I have them in it but the 3 pond commits have turned into 10. I didn't ask those little buggers to breed but I figure if they are it can't be that bad on them. Sure I want to reduce the numbers and have gone thru massive work to tie two ponds together so I can move some but they they sure seem fine to me.

But..... I will still not put a tang in a small tank. That would be "My doing" not there's.

Sorry for disrupting the tang discussion, but just a real quick question. How often do you have to top off the 75G?

I'm still waiting on my live rock to get my whole project going, but the topping off is certainly something I was wondering about..

I top off about 1g a day or so between my morning top off and the evening one. i also run open top though too.

I have pond that is barely big enough for 2 full grown Koi. Not only do I have them in it but the 3 pond commits have turned into 10. I didn't ask those little buggers to breed but I figure if they are it can't be that bad on them. Sure I want to reduce the numbers and have gone thru massive work to tie two ponds together so I can move some but they they sure seem fine to me.

But..... I will still not put a tang in a small tank. That would be "My doing" not there's.

yeah "my doing" i can under stand that too. i understand that a 1" tetra needs clean water and by keeping x amount of water per tetra i keep him happy and healthy.

swim room living room poo room. but i can increase the amount of poo room with filtration.

at this point im not saying do it do it do it. just explain the why for. yes i can be slow but please if you can be patient and give me time to understand you will see i do care about the fish and i am a "good guy"

Course you're a good guy, you're researching first before thinking of yourself! LOL

Believe it or not I want your fish to be as healthy and happy as you do. it makes my day to know someones fish is happy and doing well.

oh how could i forget to mention this.... i do take some advice from everyone.

i got the txt from my fish store. my bag was on the counter. he said i have a 48 hour live guarantee. better than nothing but not the 5 day mentioned earlier. however same as ordering online right? no shipping cost to me, so drip drip drip....

no not a yellow tang.

Sorry for disrupting the tang discussion, but just a real quick question. How often do you have to top off the 75G?

I'm still waiting on my live rock to get my whole project going, but the topping off is certainly something I was wondering about..

do you have a thread started? i would love to see how much i have done wrong:D

i also nee advice. my glass was cut and picked up today too. should i worry about the square corners of the baffels bothering the bottom seal of the sump?

also dsb in the fuge compartment or no?

told you
img_1537770_0_c3d4a30d1351496ae33932312d8dbeb0.jpg

img_1537770_1_73e38f63764e65a3831f7e27960c85b4.jpg

img_1537770_2_0179aec821fec4d5ba1d9349709129d7.jpg

he was on his side for a little bit until i got more water in there. made me nervous seeing that. yes this is my first time drip acclimating.

Are you going dsb in the dt? I went with about 2-3 inches in my refugium but I have about 6 inches in my tank.

cant tell if it's working yet but something is as I finally hit 0 nitrates after lingering around 2.5 for the last few months

I usually acclimate for at least an hour. Can you net that kind of fish out? Doesnt he have those tines?

carey said:
I usually acclimate for at least an hour. Can you net that kind of fish out? Doesnt he have those tines?

U can net it, but I scooped mine up with a glass... Was easy and a lil drip water won't hurt...

do you have a thread started? i would love to see how much i have done wrong:D

Yep! Sure do!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/75g-build-first-timer-167499.html

Unfortunately for me, the thread never garnered much attention (probably owing to the length of my initial post lol). The tank is still sitting in my living room, dry, but that all might change tomorrow :D. I purchased 150 lbs of live rock from my LFS at a pretty decent price (about 4.50/lb, and supposedly it will have some coraline growth), and I intend on picking it up tomorrow morning.

carey said:
Are you going dsb in the dt? I went with about 2-3 inches in my refugium but I have about 6 inches in my tank.

cant tell if it's working yet but something is as I finally hit 0 nitrates after lingering around 2.5 for the last few months

I've actually had 0 trates for 3 weeks now... I'm in aw.... Lol...

Patterson333 said:
Yep! Sure do!

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f14/75g-build-first-timer-167499.html

Unfortunately for me, the thread never garnered much attention (probably owing to the length of my initial post lol). The tank is still sitting in my living room, dry, but that all might change tomorrow :D. I purchased 150 lbs of live rock from my LFS at a pretty decent price (about 4.50/lb, and supposedly it will have some coraline growth), and I intend on picking it up tomorrow morning.

Good start... Now comes the be patient part... I'll follow ur thread and hopefully help u through the mistakes I made.

Oh and for what it's worth, I've really gotten some great advice just hanging out on this thread. The inter-racial clown couple, the tang discussion (I too toyed with the idea of getting a yellow), the top off info, the snowflake eel (I had also thought of one lol), and some other things here and there.

Back
Top Bottom