freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmmm maybe my drip was a bit much then... it was dripping so i figured hey im doing it. yay me.... well lesson learned right?

coffeetwitch said:
hmmm maybe my drip was a bit much then... it was dripping so i figured hey im doing it. yay me.... well lesson learned right?

Lmao.... About 2-4 drips per sec.... You will get the hang of it... Took me a min too...

yeah i may have been rushing but i thought i was only going as fast as the lfs was with the rest of their delivery. thanks for the tip

coffeetwitch said:
yeah i may have been rushing but i thought i was only going as fast as the lfs was with the rest of their delivery. thanks for the tip

I filled up about 1 gallon in 1.5 hours and thought I was kinda rushing. LOL. I was more careful cuz I was doing it with shrimp though. Well I'm glad the one spot is fine :)

you say doing ok but my guy looks like he is dieing in his hideout. now im kinda thinking i should have let them drip him. but! this was my decision and im sticking it out. im going to let him be and take his sweet time. he can come out when hes ready to or the stick says so.

Just give him some time. Sometimes it takes a day or so. Do you have your lights on? If so shut them down.

Til the morning. let him settle in. Thats what i always do especially if they seem skittish is turn off the lights and let him chill. Less stress that way on the fish what with being transported and then thrown in a whole new world. You;d be kinda stressed too LOL

The dsb info and the rate of the drip acclimation, yet another two things I've learned from this thread lol

i would definitely seek advice on the dsb. i think the reason i didnt do it was because there where so many ways to filter your sw and a dsb was just another way, but not necessary. yeah that sounds right. and i didnt want/ couldnt at the time spend the cash for that much substrate.

i would definitely seek advice on the dsb. i think the reason i didnt do it was because there where so many ways to filter your sw and a dsb was just another way, but not necessary. yeah that sounds right. and i didnt want/ couldnt at the time spend the cash for that much substrate.

See that's the thing, with all the investment that I've already made in this tank, the dsb might just put me way over the top. I was thinking of creating one in my fuge, but from what I've read here, my money might be best spent elsewhere (as the dsb in the fuge wouldn't encompass a grand enough surface area)

To anybody debating to running a dsb or not, do it. Other than the initial cost if the substrate (which can be kept low with pfs or playsand), there's absolutely 0 running cost and when done right (ask carey). It can actually lower nitrates:)

your putting mineral mug in you fuge remember? or am i wrong? like i said its just another way of filtering. ive talked to a guy and says he would put his berlin filtration system up agaist any fuge.

its like what carey has said before and what maya said to her... its what works for you that you want to stick with.

carey had a 55 with a hob skimmer and canister filter, ran 0 trates

To anybody debating to running a dsb or not, do it. Other than the initial cost if the substrate (which can be kept low with pfs or playsand), there's absolutely 0 running cost and when done right (ask carey). It can actually lower nitrates:)

huma, so you say run a dsb in my fuge?

Patterson333 said:
See that's the thing, with all the investment that I've already made in this tank, the dsb might just put me way over the top. I was thinking of creating one in my fuge, but from what I've read here, my money might be best spent elsewhere (as the dsb in the fuge wouldn't encompass a grand enough surface area)

Yeah, but it helps grow caulerpa and stuff to bring down trates. To each their own, but I know it works for me. No trates in over 3 weeks without a pwc.....

Back
Top Bottom