freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also quick question: is it normal for the sand sifting star to be ok the glass? The past couple days when we turn the lights on she's on the glass. Then she works her way back to the sand. Normal?

We have had the windows open and the curtains open for the past few weeks. Diatoms? Are all over the tank. We where just thinking something called a sand sifting starfish would stay in the sand. Cool to see him on the glass though.

Patterson333 said:
Slightly off topic, but how are your deep water electra haps doing? Last I had heard they were doing their dance :)

Yep what sweety pie said. This morning the male Electra decided it wanted to jump out of the tank when I turned on the livingroom light when I got up to get ready for work. All I heard was a splash and then thud. Freaked me out but guess he is doing ok.

I placed egg crate on the top of my tank so nothing will jump out

I placed egg crate on the top of my tank so nothing will jump out
ha, we where just talking about egg crate over in the 40g build. thats a good idea. and i may use it on my sump to keep up the o2 exchange.

hows your big tank coming along? any updates i can go read about?

coffeetwitch said:
ha, we where just talking about egg crate over in the 40g build. thats a good idea. and i may use it on my sump to keep up the o2 exchange.

hows your big tank coming along? any updates i can go read about?

Yes, but needed to open a separate thread for that in the hardware/equip area due to issues... Again LOL but it's going well. More updates tomorrow

coffeetwitch said:
lol have they picked up your other 2? and this one is free of all blemishes?

Ups will pick em up tomorrow :((((

The third fixture was wrapped like 30 time, there are still MINOR things but nothing worth complaining about LOL
I just pray it's working

Uhhhhhhh........ Thoughts?

Attachments

• image-1857488778.jpg
    image-1857488778.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2369762733.jpg
    image-2369762733.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1427246116.jpg
    image-1427246116.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image-3836746724.jpg
    image-3836746724.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 81
i think thats actually part of having a new tank
reduce feeding (we all know coffeewitch LOVES to feed his little buddies), and have the powerheads pointed towards it (or increase flow... but i think yours is actually pretty good)
how long are the lights on?!

lol do i really repeat myself that much? man what a bore. still no cuc, we where going to order it last weekend then it was the holiday and i thought it would have thrown the order off.

lights are on for about 10-12 hours a day. i have 2 1400 gph powerheads. sand sifting starfish should be well fed right? there is patch of white that i think he patrols.

coffeetwitch said:
lol do i really repeat myself that much? man what a bore. still no cuc, we where going to order it last weekend then it was the holiday and i thought it would have thrown the order off.

lights are on for about 10-12 hours a day. i have 2 1400 gph powerheads. sand sifting starfish should be well fed right? there is patch of white that i think he patrols.

Turn ur lights down to 7 hours... Will help out.

Back
Top Bottom