freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K need some input quickly. See these to frags at lfs. Pic looks super blue but the flowy one looks like a dayglo green daisy. The other has purple green and rust color in it. Can we get either of these with the lights we have?

Attachments

• image-4108187391.jpg
    image-4108187391.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 79
  • image-4231443817.jpg
    image-4231443817.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 93
Are they pretty easy? I've read medium to high flow and high light. I put them top of one of the arch ways and it gets some good flow from the power head. Also is it normal for a bunch of them to die when I put them in the tank? The little polyp looking ones seem to have almost popped? Help! Our first try at any reefy stuff!

Tracie6283 said:
Are they pretty easy? I've read medium to high flow and high light. I put them top of one of the arch ways and it gets some good flow from the power head. Also is it normal for a bunch of them to die when I put them in the tank? The little polyp looking ones seem to have almost popped? Help! Our first try at any reefy stuff!

It died when u put it in or just shriveled up? But where you got it is good.

On the polyp one about a quarter of them turned brown and popped. Some of the orange ones opened up, but the rest were balled up tight. The green goniopora just shrunk down and is all tight. Some of the edge is brown and looks dead. There was a lot of brown stuff coming off both when we got them out of the bag. Then I saw some milky stuff floating in the water. It's hard to see in the pic. I need to invest in an underwater camera

Attachments

• image-1027454375.jpg
    image-1027454375.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 75
  • image-682510469.jpg
    image-682510469.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 104
Tracie6283 said:
On the polyp one about a quarter of them turned brown and popped. Some of the orange ones opened up, but the rest were balled up tight. The green goniopora just shrunk down and is all tight. Some of the edge is brown and looks dead. There was a lot of brown stuff coming off both when we got them out of the bag. Then I saw some milky stuff floating in the water. It's hard to see in the pic. I need to invest in an underwater camera

The balling up is normal, the milky stuff is their slime the emit with stress... Give them the night and go from there.

Parameters are good. An worst case the
Frag was only 5 bucks so it's not a huge kick in the pants. I'm excited though. Our zooas (I think) that hitch hiked here are doing well and even spreading. So hopefully these will too

Tracie6283 said:
Parameters are good. An worst case the
Frag was only 5 bucks so it's not a huge kick in the pants. I'm excited though. Our zooas (I think) that hitch hiked here are doing well and even spreading. So hopefully these will too

Just give them time...

Bottom of the tank for how long? And in as much light as possible? This reef thing is triller than you'd think! Thank jeebus for you guys!

Tracie6283 said:
Bottom of the tank for how long? And in as much light as possible? This reef thing is triller than you'd think! Thank jeebus for you guys!

Bottom, in a slightly shaded area... ur lfs lights looked dark.

Id say shut the lights off for the night, they need to adjust to the params first then ease them into the lighting:)

Back
Top Bottom