Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-07-2011, 05:39 PM   #771
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have been very lucky in that I am short on cash so I can't run out and buy anything. LOL By the time I am ready to buy something I have read hundreds of posts about why I shouldn't buy it.

Old 09-07-2011, 05:44 PM   #772
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have heard and read that you can supplement the starfish with food in the sandbed. BUT on the same note a very highly regarded member here thinks that is not possible. SO, I didn't get the star yet, but I think I may be close. My sandbed looks pretty darn active and full of life. But I still am hesitant.

Good luck with yours, maybe it will work out ok. he might scavenge pieces of food and film algae and be ok.

I carry around with me when I go shopping a reference book for marine fish and corals. It gives me the truth no matter what the lfs is standing there telling me. lol

Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM   #773
Aquarium Advice Addict

this stinks.

our cichlids are thriving, **** we even managed to get a couple german blue rams to lay eggs. but this saltwater thing has me on a roller coaster of inadequacies.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 PM   #774
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Youre just worrying too much I bet. We all go through this feeling of I;m not doing it right or doing enough. You do the best you can and go from there. We all learn from each other and from our own experiences.

My cichhild tank pretty much runs itself so the saltwater is a challenge for me, but I love a good challenge. Thats what life is all about, keeps it interesting.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:07 PM   #775
Aquarium Advice Addict

thanks carey. one of these days ill get it right. till then ive got a miss matched tank of live stock. at least the starfish is smart enough or hungry enough to leave the sand and try to find food on the rocks.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:12 PM   #776
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Even in 10 years I'm sure I'll still be learning stuff. Another reason to love this hobby, you can never ever know it all. It's sad that soemtimes we make the wrong decisions but the majority of us do it unknowingly and not on purpose.

Dude, I had a guy buy my my biocube skimmer today. He has a bleu tang in a 29 cube and had a sweetlips as well. I could only shake my finger at him.....Thats the kind of mistakes that shouldnt be made. Nice guy, knew all my corals and everything but he should and does know better. Thats being selfish and doing what he wants, not whats best for the fish. I wish i coulda smacked him with a stick. But he did buy the skimmer so I had to kinda hold back. LOL
Old 09-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #777
Aquarium Advice Addict

lol you and that stick. well a good tool can also be a weapon. glad you sold the skimmer.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #778
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeetwitch
lol you and that stick. well a good tool can also be a weapon. glad you sold the skimmer.
I'm not busting on u or ur tank. I just now how it is to be a compulsive buyer. I lost a beautiful nem because of it and almost destroyed my tank. And ur right about the roller coaster. I got 5 threads going on... Lol all asking different questions. I think u will be ok, just watch ur tank. We are all learning...
Old 09-07-2011, 08:07 PM   #779
Aquarium Advice Addict

<------ is staying away from Carey's stick at all cost.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:09 PM   #780
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnelson99 View Post
<------ is staying away from Carey's stick at all cost.

Don't put a blue tang or yellow tang in a cube and you'll be safe. BUT if I were to see you laying on the road I might be compelled to poke you with a stick to make sure you weren't dead.

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, freshwater, reef, salt, saltwater, saltwater reef

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com