freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i went to bed because it went down. well i looked at lighting options and then went to bed. oh and we just got back from the lfs's.... 50lbs of lr. i think sweety pie did a good job with picking all the rocks out. now we have 2 hermit crabs that have hitch hiked home. almost had a crab but the rock there didnt look very nice.

img_1516632_0_68af7d076625f6c6a135670e1aa21079.jpg

img_1516632_1_8246214a13302ee6c44335658ad3f5de.jpg

img_1516632_2_7574ad7851bb97a8ef9ee362ebc2dfbf.jpg

you too unicorn???

i always played orc when i was still in st louis playing wc3 online. i was the brute squad. my other buddies had the sky covered and the third of us was healing.

basically we used every race as a branch of the us armed forces... me being marines, 1 air force, and 1 army... good times. one of my buddies set up a mobile lan party trailer. we played in that thing for hours. good times, thanks for the nostalgia.

lol slutty i missed that. i know im old school with it all and have never played wow. but half the fun was to keep clicking on them to see what they said.... now do i try wow or not. im so behind the times.

Tweaked the rocks a bit

Attachments

• image-3234466886.jpg
    image-3234466886.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 79
  • image-2158772334.jpg
    image-2158772334.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 149
  • image-2936502531.jpg
    image-2936502531.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 126
coffeetwitch said:
i only ask about the plumbing for the skimmer because they have poor instructions(no pictures or pop up books) and they made a point to say that its metric fittings. 3/4"=19mm but aside from that idk. i didnt even look at bubble magus because most look wayyyy outta my price range.

this is supposed to be a good bubble magus cone clone recomended by tdwright1971
S
150 Gallon Fresh Saltwater Fish tank Protein Skimmer | eBay

Thing is that the bubble magus is an atb clone so that makes the sc150 a clone of a clone... the acrylic is thick not cheap and it uses the same atman pump as the bubble magus. I am using a 29 gallon sump for mine and have room under my sump for an ato container. And also hang my kalk stirrer and my media containers, this sump also takes care of my 36 bow that's tied in.

Thing is that the bubble magus is an atb clone so that makes the sc150 a clone of a clone... the acrylic is thick not cheap and it uses the same atman pump as the bubble magus. I am using a 29 gallon sump for mine and have room under my sump for an ato container. And also hang my kalk stirrer and my media containers, this sump also takes care of my 36 bow that's tied in.

glad you commented... how has it been working for you? any concerns? problems with the pump clearance? do you know if its a needle wheel? if you can't think of anything negative to say i really may get one and say screw the reef octopus. it will have to be on my next payday in two weeks. so maybe if your still up in the air, hopefully in 2 weeks from now you can give a more conclusive opinion?

I have been trying to upload a pic, but the app keeps crashing. I have been nothing but impressed, its been working better than my deltec ever did...they have changed the design some it is a pinwheel pump, with my sump being tall I do have a little dificulty removing it for maintanance. But plenty of room for cup removal.I would recomend whichever skimm.er you decide on, do a dry fit before installing your baffles. I had to remove my refugium.

I have been trying to upload a pic, but the app keeps crashing. I have been nothing but impressed, its been working better than my deltec ever did...they have changed the design some it is a pinwheel pump, with my sump being tall I do have a little dificulty removing it for maintanance. But plenty of room for cup removal.I would recomend whichever skimm.er you decide on, do a dry fit before installing your baffles. I had to remove my refugium.

how deep is your water in your sump and did you have to raise the skimmer off the bottom of your sump at all? i dont know a better way to ask the question, sorry.

I have three chambers in my sump, the middle one is currently being used for this skimmer its about 8 inches deep, so no I did not have to raise my skimmer.

What the is this thing? We came home and it was just hanging out on the sand. It is now in a glass waiting to be killed if no one can tell me if it's good or bad to have.

Attachments

• image-3646552237.jpg
    image-3646552237.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 79
More pics for claification. Good or bad?

Attachments

• image-2716853314.jpg
    image-2716853314.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 75
  • image-518161585.jpg
    image-518161585.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom