freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
K just saw these on a piece of rock. Not flowy looking like the aiptasia. Good or bad?!?

Attachments

• image-2719941391.jpg
    image-2719941391.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 110
if they are palythoas then they are corals, and good ones. I had a few on my rock and they spread so quickly it was crazy lol.

In fact they spread so fast and so much I plan on fragging mine out to get them down a bit.

I;d wait for another opinion on them being paly's though, my speciality isnt identification really, just looks exactly like what I have.

These are mine, I keep them under medium light as best I can and medium flow.

img_1524732_0_60e510105c03ab6003af7116826f5e30.jpg

img_1524732_1_13f2863860ba55c43002a756f4eb14cc.jpg

And now I've found this. It's on the other side of the tank where there's not much water movement, yet it's flowing around.

ha sweety pie just said she wanted an underwater cam for xmas cause she cant good enough pictures of these things with her phone.

carey what is your specialty?

also. 4stage ro/di was delivered.

Think it's another aiptasia but I'm not sure.

Attachments

• image-3709051511.jpg
    image-3709051511.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 74
  • image-563994795.jpg
    image-563994795.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 77
I'd vote aiptasia for the last pictures. Does it retract if you poke it with a stick or something pointy? The palythoas should just close up if you poke them, aiptasia actually retracts and tries to retract.

My specialty is probably general fishkeeping. But mostly I can find equipment and deals most dont' catch and can match stuff up pretty well. :)

K. Poked both items. First one I posted just slowly closed up. Second one hates me and went back in it's hole. I know it's bad but how long can we keep it in there before it's too late to try and zap?

Does it retract if you poke it with a stick

My specialty is probably general fishkeeping. But mostly I can find equipment and deals most dont' catch and can match stuff up pretty well. :)

there it is again. "when i doubt poke it with a stick."

have you ever charged for your finding and matching stuff up services? just out of curiosity.

To be honest, I'm just trying now to start up a small side business of making and setting up tanks and flipping them. My first project is the 55g I bought I few days ago. Gonna clean her up, get a few things and sell it. I already sold the wet/dry for almost what I paid for the entire setup plus I took what I wanted for my use. lol

And poking with a stick is a pretty good gauge I think when in doubt. We now know she has corals and an aiptaisa.

I woudl get rid of the aiptasia as soon as possible so it doesn't spread cause thats a whole world of a nightmare.

Carey, coffeewitch, unicorn, or huma, if u want my 802's, pm me ur address... I'll ship them tomorrow. They work, but cost me 2 fish....

Kio707 said:
Carey, coffeewitch, unicorn, or huma, if u want my 802's, pm me ur address... I'll ship them tomorrow. They work, but cost me 2 fish....

I would but its not worth it for a tiny bump in flow

Back
Top Bottom