freshwater to 75 gallon saltwater reef with fish evolution.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
carey said:
I use the aqua lifter pump for my siphon on my overflow. I think it does 50/ml as far as flow. It's not meant to pump a lot of water, just enough. I was going to use the same pump for my ATO. :)

Thank you Carey! That's like a faster than slow drip.

Say you buy a CPR overflow and call it a day... Know that's the easy way out, but it works and is proven.

Kio707 said:
Say you buy a CPR overflow and call it a day... Know that's the easy way out, but it works and is proven.

This is very true. But where is the fun in that? Hahaha.

It's almost to the point of being personal. It's a common project that a lot of people seem to do or have interest in, but there are more questions than answers, and almost no real data.

This being your 1st build, I'd suck it up. Try on your 125 or bigger you get. I'm not saying give up, but do you wanna move forward or get stuck for months and eventually get fed up with the hobby do to something your just not experienced with?

Kio707 said:
This being your 1st build, I'd suck it up. Try on your 125 or bigger you get. I'm not saying give up, but do you wanna move forward or get stuck for months and eventually get fed up with the hobby do to something your just not experienced with?

Lol. "months". Hahaha it's not that personal. But I do know what you mean. Imma keep playing, that's what it is, with this until we get our pump. I just really think it would be nice to do a search on your favorite search engine and boom there it is.

For x flow through a hob PVC overflow you need this size pipe with this basic design with these dimensions, oh and here's a vid with pictures.

As it stand it's more like "I made this, here is how you can too. Good luck." Or, my favorite, "I'm using a 500gph pump with no problem wide open and it can handle more" Ok but what is it speced at? 300 at 3 feet?

You know what I mean?

That's what it's turning out to be isn't it? Hahaha. That's why I drove the truck to work today instead of the bike. So I could stop off at the store on the way home and get the stuff to make another toy.

Keep it as simple as possible, this way its easier to find a mistake if there is one ;)

The overflow, is it predrilled or siphon? Sorry, I know u prolly said that, but I have fried-brain-syndrome

What kio said. And specifically this

image-783777766.jpg

this Is my one inch now. I will duplicate this measurement for measurement in two inch PVC after work.

one reason why I went with drilled was bc of the headaches with the siphons I heard of... especially with the whole tuning the pumps just right >.< no need for that in pre-drilled

no wonder i couldnt follow half of this thing

coffee, are you following building instructions from any particular site? what about siphon break in case power goes out?

Unicorn said:
one reason why I went with drilled was bc of the headaches with the siphons I heard of... especially with the whole tuning the pumps just right >.< no need for that in pre-drilled

no wonder i couldnt follow half of this thing

coffee, are you following building instructions from any particular site? what about siphon break in case power goes out?

Ok so wrong pic posted. I changed it. Both the inside and outside are now the same length. What you can see in my 1" attempt 1.0. Is the "t" on the left? That is the siphon break. In 1" 1.1 that "t" is above the in tank bottom "u". Confirmed to hold siphon

image-407357882.jpg

This is the basic design. Found all over google but this pic was shared with me by another aa member.

Hey coffeetwitch, don't know if this will be any help at all, but I've got some formulas in a little pocket reference book, and a few of them deal with water in pipes.

Hopefully it won't just make things more confusing lol.

Attachments

• image-3238574904.jpg
    image-3238574904.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 95
Back
Top Bottom