Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 05-07-2005, 08:32 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Originally Posted by sharkbate
I think this is going to be a very expensive and frustrating hobby for your frind.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

He needs to join AA so we can turn him around gently. May be a good idea to suggest he sign up here. (maybe after this post dies)

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. -Pericles

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of Liberty -JFK
fishyrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
In memory of corals, fish,

An Update on my friends tank..... 1 Dead Lionfish, Clam, Open Brain, Trumpet coral, Asst Mushrooms, Tomato Clown. He told me the tank turned a murky white and brain emitted white mucus when it dies. He did a 100% water change over 2 days. Lion got ick. Tomato has ick, He added Garlic-x to food to build immune system, He added calcium w/o measuring levels, His eel is digging so deep to bottom of tank it's a mess, I think there is no more help for him he should quit the hobby. He asked me to help and I told him you need to give tank time not just through everything in within 2 weeks, he just added 20 frags. mushrooms all shriveled, bubble coral at half the size when it was healthy, frogspawn turning colors. His nitrates skyrocketd. He now wants to get a protein skimmer with a UV sterilizer. I have seen one that it was built into the skimmer. Honestly what do people think about UV sterilizers? He talked to some guy that said he has OS water, protein skimmer w/UV sterilizer built in uses GarlicX, doses his tank, and never had a parasite, ick problem. I told him well you are dosing b/c the UV is killing all good nutrients etc. Am I right? Thanks

xxnonamexx is offline   Reply With Quote

75g, 75gal, coral, corals, started

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com