frogspawn Growth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tank2379

Aquarium Advice Addict
hey guys, How do I know if my Frogspawn is getting bigger or is Branching out? How long would it take me to notice?:confused: Probably the Dummiest Question ever!!!....:p

Before
100_0401-med.jpg

After
016.jpg

well afterr the first week youll see what seems to be growth. then itll be prbly around a month befoe you notice any real growth. it will be come more noticeable after about 4 months. this was just what happened to me. JME

Will it eventually attach themselves to the LR? Right now I have them wedge between a hole on top of a LR which I thought was a good spot since I would not have to use any Puddy to stick it to the LR....

This is a branching frogspawn right? It will just branch out. Wont attach to LR at least I`ve never seen mine.

tank2379 is the Nova Extreme Pro 48 working for your corals?

When I bought that coral it was three heads with two of them dead. So only one head was alive. LFS sold it to me for twenty dollars and you can see all the heads on it now.

This is a branching frogspawn right? It will just branch out. Wont attach to LR at least I`ve never seen mine.

Not to sure I got from a local for free. But she did not state what kind it was.... They look like they are branching so yes I believe so.

When I bought that coral it was three heads with two of them dead. So only one head was alive. LFS sold it to me for twenty dollars and you can see all the heads on it now.

I had four head but two died after she fragged them. The other 2 survived... Here is what I have now...

img_944710_0_182e4738acf2ba3436d6cf73165648c9.jpg

My frogspawn started out as a single-headed frag with the diameter of about a nickel....
img_946186_0_85c7fbc06e67053098d5ee46c4de66d9.jpg

...and is currently a fist-sized multi-headed colony in about a year and a half. New heads have developed from both budding and polyp development along the main tissue-covered branches:
img_946186_1_c6de05df6b76fdb75cd33693c40a38c9.jpg

Additionally, if the living tissue at the base of the skeleton is in direct contact with live rock, skeletal growth and coral tissue can encrust the adjacent rock and result in additional heads sprouting from the new encrustment rather than from the main skeletal structure:
img_946186_2_9eebb072d7800b0640e3f85f4645ef10.jpg

Boy.. very nice frogspawn pic u guys, I want 1 too... well.. I gotta wait, I just got myself a candy cane today :)

Back
Top Bottom