Frustrated!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
can you guys quickly help me out!? i wannt to cyphen some stuff out now becuase i wantt to paintthe back tonite dont got much to do?!

Ok one last post before I go to bed. Just siphon the water and try to draw out as much of the red cyano as you can. I would try to siphon out that much and then toss that water. Maybe five gallons. Then draw out how much you need to for to paint the back of the tank. I would make sure if you use spray paint to cover the top. I would suggest you roll the paint on. Except for the water you siphoned the cyano out just re add to the tank. There are some that have suggested you pull the LR out and scrub. If you do it needs to be with SW. You`ll need to have plenty of SW ready to replace all that you are throwing out.

can you guys quickly help me out!? i wannt to cyphen some stuff out now becuase i wantt to paintthe back tonite dont got much to do?!

As someone already suggested... SLOW DOWN. Your tank didn't get this way overnight, and you sure as heck aren't going to get it back into shape overnight.

Yes... that is cyano in the pictures. And not a mild case either - it's pretty thick. I really suggest that you slow down, do some research on your own, and figure out a game plan that makes sense to YOU - based on opinions you get here and other places. Just following blindly some advice from a bunch of anonymous folks on the internet (even though it's pretty darn good advice!) isn't going to really allow you to understand what needs to be done, and why. YOU need to understand why your tank is doing what it's doing and fix those problems.

you will need to recycle your tank after all of that upset. the water you saved will not help the cycling. please test it before using or just replace it with new water.

and yes! please slow down and relax, enjoy what your doing , this hobby is meant to be fun

manny, very few if any corals reproduce in an aquarium.

i no they dont reproduce they grow and get bigger and spread. i am very relaxed and taking it slow .. its not rush ITS EXCITEMENT!! lol so yeahh

just painted the tank emptied it out going to seed some new sand with my old sand then fill it back up with a couple LR that i had b4 inside which i scrubed, and scrubed other tocks and put them in my sump!

ok im really lost in this thread did your tank ever cycle or not? and if so how long was it running

yeah yeah i had my tank running for over a year lol ... i just really didnt have the time to put iinto the tank but now that im done with school i got all the time in the world and im also working to buy the goodies. lol ... but yeah im just taking it all out baisically and painting the back... and putting everything back in just with scrubed rocks and a some new live sand ..

oh so what did you do with all your coral and fish you had in there? or did you have any

So, if you're up yet, tell us how it went. Did you take pictures of your adventure?

Make sure to test the water params daily for the next week or so the make sure nothing gets out of whack.

Good luck.

ill post some pictures later, everything went good.. thanks for asking! now all i need is more lr and lights but i will look into that in the next weeek let my tanks settle down

what should my ph be at? is everything else ok? what can be causing my ph to be low?

Back
Top Bottom