fuge substrate questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aragonite based sand or one of the SW mud substrates would work well. The mud is offered by Ecosystem Aquarium and Carib Sea. Carib Sea also makes the sand (Aragamax) or you can use the Yardright stuff from Home Depot if they have it where you live. I would probably shy away from the plant soil. I can't say it wouldn't work, but I'm not sure it would either.

Malkore is right...I should have been more clear about the sand. You definitely want aragonite based sand. Southdown and Yardright are aragonite sand...if you can find this, you'll notice it's marked "Tropical Play Sand". Most, if not all, other playsand is silica based. While you can use silica sand, it's not nearly as good as aragonite. I would buy the Carib Sea stuff if you can't fine the aragonite playsand.

Garf grunge lite is supposed to be really good for fuges. Im going to get some in january. Its mud from a bunch of sources with really good bacteria and worms and stuff. Add some chaeto (spaghetti) algae and that should be good.

Back
Top Bottom