Fully Stocked??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferretmath

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think that I am full, but I would really like to add some kind of colorful addition to my tank. So far this is my setup:

20 gallon high
30 pounds of live sand
Fluval 204 canister filter
Aquaclear 20 powerhead
JBJ Formosa-SS Lighting System with CoraLife Compact Light
A little over a pound of Live Rock frags (more for decoration)

One Domino Damsel
One 3 Stripe Damsel
4 Turbo Snails
2 Red Leg Hemit Crabs
2 Zebra Hermit Crabs

All of the crabs are about the size of a dime. Tank has been set up for almost two months now and all levels are reading good.

Am I done??

I suggest you take those damsels back. They are aggressive and will give ur new fishes problems unless ur new additions are gonna be aggressive too. Up to you :)

About the tank, do u have a heater? You should get another powerhead too because two PH's make better water movement for the inhabitants than just one. Also you should add more LR, about 35 - 40 pounds of LR is good for ur tank. LR will help filter ur tank so u can return ur canister filter if u want. Or you could trade that filter back for a small skimmer. I don't know if i should suggest u a skilzter as it is cheap (i have one) but its performance is "not good" if u dont do some modifications to it.

Add more LR, wait for a few days (i can believe im telling someone to wait 0.o hehe). Test the water. If all paras are good, ur set i guess :)

HTH

Oh no, I could never get rid of the damsels........I dont like "getting rid" of any animal that I have. Besides, they have names (Lavern and Shirley).....

Oh, and yes, I do have a heater....sorry, I forgot to mention that.

The only other options you have on that tank are inverts.
\
I would consider skunk cleaner shrimp, maybe a crab or 2, sexxy shrimp are always fun and maybe a small group of peppermint shrimp.

Those damsels will harass any other fish you try to add. Good luck.

Hmmm..... maybe ill go with some shrimp. I really wanted a maroon clown (the gold stripe are really pretty), but if the damsels will harass it, then I'll forgo it.

Thanks for the help!!

I don't think a maroon clown is a great idea for a 20G tank. Stick with a smaller species of clown for that size tank. A percula would be my recommendation.

As for taking the damsels back. I can respect you not wanting to give them up, but if you want to add any other types of fish, chances are, they'll have to go to "give peace a chance."

I would just find a local reefer that would give them a new home.

hmmmm......the adoption way, eh??? I think I could handle that. Most of the animals I have were adopted somewhere along the way.

Hey!! Anyone in the Miami area want two damsels?? They come with names!! :)

Back
Top Bottom