Funny looking black glossy bubble on LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwilliams

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Can anyone tell me what this glossy black bubble is that just showed up on my LR is?

Attachments

• Funny looking spot on LR - resized.jpg
    Funny looking spot on LR - resized.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 106
I read through the link and found how to remove that bubble alage but in order to do that I will need to remove that LR out of the water and it has many beautiful button polyps on it will it hurt them to have it out of water while I remove the bubble alage?

button polyps are pretty hardy. Obviously try to minimize the amount of time they're out of the water, but a few minutes won't hurt them.

Be sure to rinse the rock with tank water after removal to help insure you get all the spores off the rock. That stuff can be insidious.

Be sure to rinse the rock with tank water after removal to help insure you get all the spores off the rock. That stuff can be insidious.

This picture shows a little bit more of the rock and the top part of the rock is covered in the orange/green polyps so I know I will need to take great care when getting this thing off of it. When I look at the picture it looks like maybe another one is wedged in between some polyps

Attachments

• Funny looking spot on LR.jpg
    Funny looking spot on LR.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom