future 200 gal stock list ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedLeggedHermit

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all. I am posting this to get your opinions on the list of fish I have come up with for a 200+ Predator/reef tank. Any concerns, comments, or suggestions are welcome. Compatibility is my biggest concern right now. Thanks for your help.:D

Bellus Angelfish*(Genicanthus bellus)
Magnificent Foxface*(Siganus magnificus)
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa) - owned
Wartskin Angler*(Antennarius maculatus)
Lyretail Anthias*(Pseudanthias squamipinnis) - owned
Maroon Clownfish, Captive-Bred*(Premnas biaculeatus)
Ghost Eel*(Pseudechidna brummeri)
Longnose Hawkfish*(Oxycirrhites typus)
Fuzzy Dwarf Lionfish*(Dendrochirus brachypterus)
Axilspot Hogfish*(Bodianus axillaris )
Orangebanded Stingfish*(Choridactylus multibarbus)
Blue Star Leopard Wrasse(Macropharyngodon bipartitus) - owned
Marine Betta*(Calloplesiops altivelis) -owned
Columbian Shark*(Arius jordani)

I think I have decided not to get the wartskin angler after all. Read they have a bad habit of trying to eat too large of things and ending up killing them both. Any suggestions on what I could get thats a predator but can co-exist with the others on my list to replace him?

Lionfish ate my anthias!
The tale stuck out of his mouth for 3 days(just rubbing his $40 snack in my face!).
If the fish owned are what you will keep I would NOT add;
The shark(no no for aquarium period{please read on them})
the lionfish.
The two angles may cause trouble but probably not as the coral beaty is smaller.
My 120 fowlr/predator has 1 lionfish,1 snowflake moray eel and 1 miniautus grouper.
It can look empty till feeding time and then it is TIGHT!
Lions are one fish that really will eat themselves to death(unlike the myth of all fish doing this and just dying from polluted water!)
They really won't stop if there is something to put in their mouth.
I feed no more then 2 times a week.
All have been trained to eat frozen cocktail shrimp!

Achilles! :D or Regal

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

To small for an Achilles IMO. I'd skip a leopard wrasse in a predator setup, they're much better reef inhabitants and would probably get picked on or out competed for food

Edit-I missed that you already own some of these fish, sorry. Doh. If you have the wrasse an he's already doing well he may be ok then

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The achillies is a beautiful tang. I also like the mimic lemon peel and the powder brown. (Sailfins are pretty cool too.) Ya the shark was a last minute add on. Wasn't sure if I'd do it or not. But with everything being around 5 inches at least, I didn't think it would bother anyone. Saw some YouTube videos of people with them in their reef tanks. The wrasse is doing great, got her from my lfs after seeing one in their not for sale display tank.

Oh no! Thats a bummer about your anthias. What kind of lionfish was it?

Just found an ad for a 220 gallon drilled tank. Comes with 100 lbs of dry live rock. A skimmer, uv sterilizer, 2 canister filters, stand, and 2 pumps. For $800 gonna email the guy and see if he'll hold onto it for me. Gotta get my car looked at first (may have to replace a cv joint) before I can justify buying a tank. Heres hopeing. :D

And a Uhaul to get it where you want it. That isn't even considering all the friends you'll need. Sounds like a good deal to me if it's in good shape. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom