Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 AM   #71
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
I know Carey orders from there and so do a lot of other ppl.. Just a good place that has a lot of good fish and great customer service.
Welll its really not me who doesn't want to order from Internet it's my mom she doesn't trust live things being shipped.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #72
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Should tell your mom that ordering online actually gives more protection. Live aquaria for example has a 2 week guarantee on their fish. A month on their aquacultured corals as well. Buy a fish at your lfs and it dies the next day you're usually out of luck. BUT you do get to see the exact fish youre getting which is a plus on the LFS side.

Old 08-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #73
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm definitely not against ordering online, but I just don't, for 2 reasons. One is that the LFS owner gives a 2 week refund on anything that dies, provided you give a water sample the day you buy it. The other is that he QTs all arrivals for 2 weeks and FW dips them before they go on sale. But I will order from liveaquaria eventually, since my LFS doesn't have some fish that I would like. Midas Blenny, Kole Tang, and Diamond Watchman Goby, to be exact. Plus gas is $16 whenever I go round trip...
Old 08-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #74
Aquarium Advice FINatic

If I can convince her I will order from them
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #75
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So here's my plan now...
1 Platinum Clownfish
1 B&W Clownfish
1 Longnose Butterflyfish
1 Two Spot Bristletooth Tang
1 Tail Spot Blenny
1 Orange Spotted Prawn Goby
1 Red Stripe Angelfish (actually not sure but I know I want a dwarf angel)
Then clean up crew...
Hermit Crabs
Snails
2 Peppermint Shrimp
Old 09-04-2011, 01:14 AM   #76
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hehe just a second ago there was 75 posts in this thread about a 75 gallon tank lol
Old 09-04-2011, 01:18 AM   #77
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ordering online is really only a cheaper solution when ordering a lot of things at the same time. $35 shipping from liveaquaria.com is A LOT, which is why I chose to order from saltwaterfish.com because of the discount they give for Florida residents lol. I do like the divers den SPS on liveaquaria though....
Old 09-04-2011, 01:19 AM   #78
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb View Post
Ordering online is really only a cheaper solution when ordering a lot of things at the same time. $35 shipping from liveaquaria.com is A LOT, which is why I chose to order from saltwaterfish.com because of the discount they give for Florida residents lol. I do like the divers den SPS on liveaquaria though....
Im ordering from them tomorrow (I have a thread about it) and I'm getting free shipping with a reef package.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:26 AM   #79
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by slitherbomb
I looked at saltwaterfish.com there prices seem to be higher and most of the fish I want aren't there and I don't live in Florida.....yet lol
Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 AM   #80
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ur got that plat clown we where going back and forth about? Lol

Tags
5 gallon, 75 gallon, 75 gallon tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com