GARF

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChazYork

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm making my first purchase from GARF and i was wondering if anyone has purchased from there? Results? anyone have any luck with the GARF 'grunge'? TIA

I have ot purchased from them but many here have. Try a search for garf grunge and see what you get. It comes with raving reviews on this site.

I was going to say that I `ve never used them but I`ve heard nothing but good reviews

i did the search and did find great reviews and some bad, but thats to be expected. i guess i'll have to wait and see what i get :) i also purchased the reef janitor crew from GARF as well, GARF touted this as their "Diatom Crew" because i have a nasty outbreak of brown algae/diatoms...TIA, comments welcome

my tank has been up for 2 months now..i know diatoms are expected but i didnt think it would be this bad

Let me ask you another question. Did you use tap water to make your salt water.? It might have heavy dose of silicates in it which feed diatoms. Just a suggestion.

yes i use tap water and i know its heavy with silicates, but i take precautions as best i can...i might just invest in a tap water purifier and not go for the RO/DI unit, or go with distilled water

GET RO/DI Unit.. There cheap enough on ebay look for filterdirect seller.. Get the ro-6102 DINT 100gpd make sure though if you buy it ask for the DOW 75gpd Membrane. They will replace the 100gpd membrane with a 75gpd membrane.

Tap water is your problem, Buy a ro/di unit and a tds meter..

Back
Top Bottom