Garf Grunge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
Anybody used this stuff before? Is it really stocked with as much life and coraline algae as they say?
Im starting the cycle in about a week, should I wait until after the cycle or is there some advantage to suing during the cycle?

Thanks, Brian

I put garf grunge in my tank about 3 or 4 weeks ago and there are a lot of different things in there. I never had pods before and now I have them everywhere. The coraline algae has began to thrive too. I think it is worth the money. Not sure about the cycle stuff.

HTH,
Josh

Yeah I have some. Good stuff. Nice and purple/pink. A lot of empty shells though. I noticed a pick up in corraline, but then it was already growing in my tank before. As for live critters, I have two baby serpent stars I know came from them. They are not mini stars, these guys stay on the rocks. But be careful to watch for 6 legged stars if you have a reef. I had one in mine.

I am not sure but I called garf after recieving it and they told me to take it out because it would eat my corals 8O

It was about the size of a dime and they are thick, not like serpent stars, you will know it if you see one. I wouldn't worry though because I am sure they don't have very many floating around their tanks being with all the corals they have.

Back
Top Bottom