Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 02-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #141
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Austin.b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Lol thank god.
Haha ran out?
__________________

__________________
Everyone should have at least ONE shrimp tank
Austin.b is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 PM   #142
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin.b

Haha ran out?
Haha no we never had saltwater declorinater (is there a differance between saltwater and freshwater dechlorinater?)
And we have been doing water changes an stuff
__________________

__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #143
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Ibrahim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 2,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

Haha no we never had saltwater declorinater (is there a differance between saltwater and freshwater dechlorinater?)
And we have been doing water changes an stuff
Many who don't have RO water usually dechlorinate FW then add salt mix
__________________
Ibrahim is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM   #144
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Hahah okay thanks that is relieving.
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 10:43 PM   #145
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Yes, that is. Thanks guys.

So does anyone have any imput on pistol shrimp? I know there are several types of peaceful pistols, but any first hand experience or suggestions?

Also, in another thread, i was wondering about torch coral placement. I plan on getting this coral eventually (in a long time) and was wondering where you all put torch corals. I know they need alot of space, so i was thinking the sandbed! Could i put it right up against the base of a rock, but on the sand? Or do i need to place the coral on the sandbed, with small pieces of rock around it so it can expand? Thanks guys...
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #146
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Yes, that is. Thanks guys.

So does anyone have any imput on pistol shrimp? I know there are several types of peaceful pistols, but any first hand experience or suggestions?

Also, in another thread, i was wondering about torch coral placement. I plan on getting this coral eventually (in a long time) and was wondering where you all put torch corals. I know they need alot of space, so i was thinking the sandbed! Could i put it right up against the base of a rock, but on the sand? Or do i need to place the coral on the sandbed, with small pieces of rock around it so it can expand? Thanks guys...
I love this coral too. When I get it, I will put it in the sand bed with not a ton of corals around (because of the space they need). I don't see any problems with your idea, and I also think that they grow taller too (they don't just grow outward they also grow upward.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:11 PM   #147
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Great! Now what are you going to do? Surround it with rocks? Or could they just grow right on the sandbed?
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #148
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
I would probably surround it with some rocks so it could expand if it felt like it.
__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:26 PM   #149
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Gboy66's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Cali baby
Posts: 6,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsea
I would probably surround it with some rocks so it could expand if it felt like it.
Cool, thats what ill do! Know anything else about this coral? Lighting, flow..etc?
__________________
Gboy66 is offline  
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #150
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
redsea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 8,066
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gboy66 View Post
Cool, thats what ill do! Know anything else about this coral? Lighting, flow..etc?
I think it likes a pretty good amount of flow from what I remember.

Liveaquaria say that it needs medium light too.
__________________

__________________
Please don't forget about the toxins in some corals (like zoas and palythoas)
180 gallon reef announcement!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMgmb124jrs&t=35s
redsea is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
build, salt, saltwater

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GBOY & NU NU 30 gal saltwater build!!!!!!! Nu-Nu the eel Saltwater Reef Aquaria 1514 02-03-2012 02:20 PM







» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.