Getting a new system

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
Considering getting a new saltwater system when I move. I currently have a 75g glass FOWLR. I would like to go bigger obviously and wanted to see if it was a good idea to use my 75g as the sump of a brand new system. My LFS will build. What display tank size do you think I can go with by using a 75g sump? Any aproximate cost or such a system? I live in NYC so expect quite a large upcharge on everything here anyways.

Pick your display. If the components you intend to keep are of a large diameter, you'll need a sump with a large footprint. A sump is only a remote container of water that you would keep things in you don't want to show in the display. For example, if you wanted a thousand gallon tank, and wanted this skimmer-
tPUlcBi.jpg

I'd say the 75 isn't going to cut it. If you wanted a 180 gallon, you would have many options for skimmers that would fit in a partitioned off 75.
The cost can vary greatly. It all depends on components you decide on. For example, lighting for a 180 could cost you 300 total, or 3000 total.....both will do a good job at lighting your tank, but one had a better name and perhaps more bells and whistles than the other.

I have a 210 gallon display with a 75 gallon sump.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom