Getting a new tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jonathan0909

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm getting a 9 gallon tank and need ideas on what to stock it with. I have a experience with aquariums and I have a 200 gallon predator tank. I need ideas for nano reef

Ive heard the pistol shrimp makes a lot of noise though?:/ And what about a clownfish?

Jonathan0909 said:
Ive heard the pistol shrimp makes a lot of noise though?:/ And what about a clownfish?

I have head my pistol maybe 3 or 4 times and that was the first night he was in the tank, not loud at all either just sounds like when someone clicks their tongue
You could do a firefish
Mushrooms are probably my favorite softies

I'm not sure on 9 gallons anymore. I was thinking of a 20. What tank would you recommend?

Jonathan0909 said:
I'm not sure on 9 gallons anymore. I was thinking of a 20. What tank would you recommend?

A 250 gallon! ;) haha just kidding, I would go for a 20...you asked about clowns and you can put a pair of clowns in a 20 gallon

What would be the best anemone that both of them could go into?

Jonathan0909 said:
What would be the best anemone that both of them could go into?

I have heard they like bubble tip anemone's the most but I don't really like the look of those or the way they can move around the tank freely, one of my clowns have hosted my wall hammer coral, but clowns can host whatever they want, from carpet anemones to open brain corals or a torch coral

Jonathan0909 said:
2 clowns can host an anemone right?

Yep, mine haven't gotten along yet..they may pair right up and find a home and host it right away or they could both fight and almost kill each other and then finally pair up and maybe host something, but yeah it's possible
Mine have been together for a month and they still fight while one hosts a wall hammer coral

Ok as for clown which would be most likely to host together and stay small?

Back
Top Bottom