Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-17-2010, 09:54 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict
Originally Posted by Codaflow View Post
Thank you all very much for taking the time to help us out. Your answers have been very helpful.

We're going to go ahead and get the Bak Pak, and step up our water changes to twice a month now, or every other weekend, and from what we've gathered that should be sufficient.

We still have a few more things to work out like a current dead zone on one side of the tank, and suspected un-even heating, but beyond that we're pretty good to go.

Although we did lose our Blenny this morning, which was most definitely a bummer. This leads me to a related question- if one fish dies, but the rest of the stock is fine, is that indicative of a bad specimen or a larger problem? It seems like all of the fish we get from one particular store don't survive for very long, but the other animals and corals have all survived just fine. We're thinking the stock at the store might be questionable, but because we're still new to this we're just not sure.
Okay, I know that it's easy to blame the LFS, but here are a few things to think about. Was the fish a difficult spiece to keep. Are you acclimating them the same. some fishes need longer time to acclimate and are far more sensitive then other fish.
LOts of LFS dont feed their fish a lot of food for the simple fact that underfed fish don't "mess" their tanks as much. I now that's horrible but business is business and that's just the way it is. But Remember that the reefer takes all the blame. It's our fault....I know that's not the way it is but someone has to be blamed and it us.

Happy Reefing,
thincat is offline   Reply With Quote

clarity, filtration

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com