Getting Enough Sleep?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i only have 1 clonwn fish in my tank and it seem like he swims 24hrs a day 7 days a week. how do they sleep. or is this a sign of him stressed? at night and some of the day he stays to 1 side of the tank and kinda hovers up and down. i though mabey they sleep in hole or on the ground. but i am probley wrong lol . what can i do to help the little guy sleep better?

As long as you turn the lights out at night it should be fine and will settle in for the night. Some fish are more active then others and newer fish will often still swim around for a little while with any ambient light in the room but after they feel more comfortable tend to relax quicker.

I agree, my clown did the same thing. I have found some fish like the sand (some wrasses), others like rock work and some, out in the open.

My clowns perch themselves in the heads of the torch coral that plays host, and swim some too. I agree the behavior of your clown sounds completely normal.

Frogspawn said:
i only have 1 clonwn fish in my tank and it seem like he swims 24hrs a day 7 days a week. how do they sleep. or is this a sign of him stressed? at night and some of the day he stays to 1 side of the tank and kinda hovers up and down. i though mabey they sleep in hole or on the ground. but i am probley wrong lol . what can i do to help the little guy sleep better?

He's most likely getting all the sleep he/she needs. Mine does the same thing, and I've had him 5 months now. He's adopted a corner of the tank as his "host" and ventures out from the protection of the corner now and then. He "sleeps" in his corner, which pretty much involves wiggling around, somewhat slower than normal. I *think* he's sleeping when his "hover" isn't quite as controlled as during the daytime. I'm pretty sure he gets more sleep than me!

This is what mine does when the lights go out. I`m sure your`s is getting plenty of sleep.

Attachments

• 100_0638_114.jpg
    100_0638_114.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 28
Back
Top Bottom