Getting fish online

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crazycraven

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it bad to buy fish online ? Ive seen some pretty good deals online that stores around me dont come close to .

ive gotten fish online and i was very satisfied check out liveaquaria.com they imo are the best

bluezooaquatics.com is awesome. Just make sure you quarantine where ever you buy from. I didn't, and now I'm running a hospital tank! joyous occasions!

You guys are awsome i appreciate the help . What do you mean by quarentine the site ?

I've got fish from bluezooaquatics twice. I didn't quarantine the fish when I got them, instead I put them directly into my DT. One of the fish got ich, and 2 others were scraping against the sand and rocks. So I had to set up a hospital tank and treat with copper. If I would have quarantined them at the beginning I would be done and ich free.

Gotcha . How do you go about quarentining them ? This is the first i have ever heard of this . My dad always brought them home stuck the bag on the top of water until water temperatures were the same then dumped them in .

Gotcha . How do you go about quarentining them ? This is the first i have ever heard of this . My dad always brought them home stuck the bag on the top of water until water temperatures were the same then dumped them in .

Just so you know part of the reason the prices are so cheap is because they only ship overnight so shipping is usually $30-40, definitely not trying to discourage, but you gotta take that into account.

With that said I almost ordered myself a true perc clown off of bluezooaquatics since I couldn't find any near me in the size I wanted

The shipping price is "OK" if you Are buying multiple livestock otherwise it works out to be cheaper buying locally

If your LFS are like mine and the fish are covered with ich and velvet with dead or nearly dead tankmates then the shipping is well worth it. The only decent LFS has about 12 tanks. Pretty much have to order through him, and he only orders once every 2-4 weeks. So you decide you want a fish, wait for him to order it and observe it for a few days at the store it's been a month and a half before you even bring the fish home.

I've paid $80 for 2 overnight shipments from bluezooaquatics and will drop another $40 if I can't find what I want locally.

Thats ecactly what i plan on doing cause some tanks in these lfs have dying fish n nothing really interesting so id rather pay the extra to get something that strikes my interest . I want to be able to enjoy it .

i live in atlanta theres a couple great saltwater fish stores here but i was at petco getting some airline tubing earlier and the saltwater fish they had i felt so bad for them they had several tanks with dead fish yellow tangs with torn up fins and ich in very tiny aquariums freshwater fish were doing no better

Saltwaterfish.com is my site.

I would also find some other hobbyists so you can go in together and really save on the shipping.

Wow. You guys LFS stink. Lol. Sorry Tim and hack. My LFS is amazing!!! Every few seconds, another employee helps me find something or answers questions. Everyone knows a lot about saltwater! Every tank has live coral. Has about 50-75 tanks. Great place! I didn't see one dead fish at all. All compatible species in the same tanks. I feel sorry for you guys.

Back
Top Bottom