Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Getting Restarted

So I'm thinking of revamping my 120 reef tank. The tank is not drilled, but will be by the end of this revamp.
Currently I have a sump and the plumbing is a 1" flexible drain hose to a Trigger Systems Ruby 36 Elite. Return pump is a Sicce 5 with 3/4" PVC.
I am upgrading the pump to a Jebao DC12000.
Looking for a flow of about 1500 GPH. What size plumbing should I run. I currently have a single return line that I intend on converting to a dual return placed on either side of the tank. Currently it is only on the left side.
Any suggestions as to drain size and return size?
Thanks!!

Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Don't do it!!

These are factory excess pumps that have been sold under speedwave and diablo names. The original was waveland and had a serious flaw. The quite after a short while. I had one and had to return it when it quite. I wrote an article that got moved to the equipment section in general. I'll see if I can post a link.

DONT DO IT.

Old 05-12-2014, 12:00 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

DC Sump pumps
Old 05-12-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Hello,
If your tank isn't drilled don't do it !!! Save your money! SELL the sump! Crazy you say...No Sir! (2) Marineland 350 or 400 filters $100.00 and a AquaC Remora Skimmer with dran and overflow pre-skim box $300.00 and you are good to go.Easy maintenance!!!!

Tags
star, start, started

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com