Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just bought a 55 gallon tank.... It came with A LOT of salt water stuff...rocks sand ...pumps ...heaters.... Where do I start ? I want a reef tank of course with some colorful fish... Any suggestions what to do first?!? There's a lot information online and so confused where to start other than cleaning it all up and placing it where I want to put it

Hi and welcome to AA!

Best thing to do is start researching what fish you want to keep. Liveaquaria.com is a good place for that. It'll give you the tank size requirements of the fish you want etc.

Also a great place to start is by reading the articles here on AA:
Aquarium Advice

Make sure to read about cycling you tank. I'd suggest a fishless cycle using pure ammonia. It's faster, and easier than other methods in my opinion.

Honestly, just read anything and everything. Feel free to ask questions along the way!.

I have just spent the past 2 hours reading up on there the fish I want... Have all then wrote down what water temp reef comparable aggressive or not how easy/hard take care and all that ... I have nothing in my tank at all and want to know what filter is best to start with... I have like 4-6 that came with the tank I just bought and not sure which one to use or how many

Back
Top Bottom