Getting started!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J19Reynolds

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to start setting my tank up tonight... After I add my sand do I put my rocks in before or after starting to add water? And do I fill it all the way up when I cycle it?

put in the rock first then sand then fill it. fill it up all the way during the cycle. tell us some info about your tank! what size? what type of tank (reef or fowlr)? what are your stocking plans?

This is my first big tank and first SW... It's 55 gallons... I got it from a lady off Craigslist... She gave me EVERYTHING she had... I want a reef tank w fish...

put in the rock first then sand then fill it. fill it up all the way during the cycle. tell us some info about your tank! what size? what type of tank (reef or fowlr)? what are your stocking plans?

Yes that's what stocking means. There are a great variety of fish and corals that will fit a 55 gallon. If your going to do a reef you should research what fish you want. For instance when I got my 55 off CL it came with a blue and yellow tang. The blue require a 180 and the yellow a 100 minimum. It also came with a nice infestation of glass Anemone (Aiptaisa).

Did your system come with a sump? What all came with it?

What's a sump? And it came w the tank stand filters rocks bunch of stuff to put in the water a lot stuff :-/ I have researched fish I want and I want a clown, red mandarin, blue tang, cooler and butterfly and. Queen angel fish

It really looks good. You will have to rethink your stocking ideas the manderin might only eat live food and can wipe out a pod population in to time at all. The tank is to small for a tang of any type and tangs are known to have stress related diseases so wait until you can get a bigger tank. The angel isn't reef safe and a lot of the butterfly fish aren't reef safe either.

What kind of filter did it come with?

Oh ok... I wasn't for sure if wanted a tang... But really wanted a red mandian :-/ It came w 3 different filter things I believe

image-4048578436.jpg

Which one do you recommend?

Back
Top Bottom