Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogfish10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My son really wants a frog fish and I would like a 30 gallon tank for a small reef it there a tank setup that has all the filtration and lighting to start one please give advice

Frogfish10 said:
My son really wants a frog fish and I would like a 30 gallon tank for a small reef it there a tank setup that has all the filtration and lighting to start one please give advice

Biocube 29 is what would best fit your needs! Get a smaller species of frogfish for it though:)

Agreed. Frog fish need at least 30 gallons- and are tricky if you don't have experience. You will need to start with live foods (buying damsels two to three times a week) until you can get them to eat frozen (takes time).

Which bicube I've seen an hqi or the standard bicube within the difference of 200 dollars can I get away with the standard one

If anybody is in south. Florida where the best place to buy one

I would check on Craigslist. People are always selling tanks and you could probably get a much better deal, than buying new.

Well, the Metal halide version would be better for coral, but it can create excessive heat, and that creates its own problems. ( need for a chiller )
The regular version, I think comes with compact fluorescents, this would probably be OK for some soft corals, but that would be about it.
I really don't know too much about the cubes, and maybe someone with first-hand experience with them could tell you for sure.
I believe that the CF version would work for soft coral, but I'm not positive.
Sorry I can't be of more help! :)

Back
Top Bottom