Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

G1203

Aquarium Advice Freak
The aqua scape is done and you can finally see it!!!! Lol

image-1582526630.jpg

I'm getting ready to get mine started and I'm new to saltwater also so I've been keeping an eye on your posts! Everybody on here is very knowledgable and helpful!!!

I agree everyone knows their stuff. I just picked up a little more live rock and some chemicals to kickstart the cycle. Good luck with your tank!!!:)

Nice. Very open and gives fish lots of space. Try not to have too many shaded areas if you're getting corals. Made that mistake and running out of room for coral. How many gallons and what's it stocked with?

It is a 36 gallon tank!

Stocking list

Ocellaris clown

Tomini tang (until it gets to big)

Orange stripe prawn goby

And possibly a Pygmy angel of some sort.

Get the Pygmy angel, he is awesome but can sometimes be a jerk to my maroon clown

Oh cool choices. I have a Randall's goby and he's fun to watch. When it comes to dwarf angels there's a risk that they can eat your coral. I'm not a tang police, but the tangs are very active and need a lot of room to swim. Waiting until the fish outgrows the tank isn't that great imo. 75 is a min. gallon size according to LA. Bluezooaquatics recommends 55 I think. There are many debates and people have different experiences. Some people say that each fish has it's individual tastes. Some say all dwarf angels will eventually nip at corals even if they haven't for years. You have to ask yourself if you're willing to put $100s if not $1000s of coral on the line?

Your completely right. I guess I'll go without the tang and dwarf angel. What are some other cool fish I could put with a clown and goby? Something on the bigger side with lots of color. it would be like the first thing you see!

Good choice (y) It's great that you want to do what's best for the fish.

Midas blenny. They have the most personality of all fish imo and they're pretty silly creatures. They move almost like eels and are just awesome additions. Love mine :). Everyone who's seen my tank has asked which one it is. Also any fairy wrasse would provide a lot of color and nice movement to the tank. McCosker's and Lubbocks are my favorite. Currently have a Lubbock's but the picture on LA doesn't do it justice.

Ok I was thinking some sorta wrasse and a bicolor blenny

Back
Top Bottom