Getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Never mind, what's the best filter in your opinion. ( hang on the back or canister)

I found a used 90 gallon tank on kijiji that is pretty good looking, it comes with t5 lighting, a fluval 404 and a heater for $450. Do you think that's a good idea?

I thought I just need a good filter and a protein skimmer.

On a 90, no way. Sump is basically required (it's not really, but it helps a ton.) HOB filters won't get enough of the water through.
Sumps have tons of benefits:
-Extra water volume
-Hidden equipment
-Space for a refugium
And tons of other things that I just can't think of.

Theirs another tank 46 gallon led bow front with stand at pet smart for $240

Ok I decided, I'm going with the 46 gallon. It comes with led lights and a stand for $230. I think that I'm going to stick with a fluval c4 filter, instant ocean salt mix. Instant ocean hydrometer, 2 Aquino 500gph powerheads, thermometer, marine land 200 watt heater, ATM beneficial bacteria, 40 lbs of livesand, brs 4 stage rodi system 75 god. And a reef octopus bh100 hob protein skimmer. And cured or dry or live rock. Other then the food is their anything I'm missing? And is their anything you would change that will keep the price the same or lower?

Hydrometers are unreliable, you need to get a refractometer.

ATM Colony and most of the other Bactetia in a Bottle products don't help much. If you are going to buy one, get Dr. Tim's the One and Only. It's the most proven.

Where? cuz the only one that I've seen is $70

Back
Top Bottom