getting started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inspire0522

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everyone.. just need a little advice before i start my tank. Its a 51g tank 120p of Carib Sea aragonite sand and 75p of "dead" rock.. will be running a 250w MH. my questions are... i have a 10g salt tank with about 15p LS and 15p LR that i would like to use as a refugium filter system.. would this be ok? its running a coralmini 18w.. and if so .. do i run it during the cycle? also do i run the lights and the minijets during the cycle? fishless cycle by the way... thanks for any help

I would go ahead and put your 10 gallon in line now. I would not run the lights on the main tank while cycling. I would run the pumps to keep water flow circulating nicely.

I would get the setup completely plumbed now. Run pumps and heater while cycling. Lights are not needed.

thanks for the info... should i run the light on the refugium at the same time as the main tank light? and also any idea as to what flow gph i should use for the in-sump refugium? it will be placed under the main tank. im sorry maybe i should have said the in the first post.. but i have a clown in my 10g now... would this be a problem during the main tank cycle?
thanks again

i have a clown in my 10g now... would this be a problem during the main tank cycle?
Yes do not put the clown through the cycle. Hold of on the sump. I run my fuge light 24/7. If not doing that run it opposite the main to help stabilize PH. How many gallons is the fuge going to be?

Back
Top Bottom