getting started again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
well i haven't visited this forum in ages finally remembered my login/pass :) i haven't had an aquarium in over a year trying to get back into the hobby picked up a 90G reef ready tank with stand, sump , protein skimmer, adequate reef lighting and all plumbing for $200 super deal. it pretty much has everything i need except sand and rocks and salt. but i need suggestions on what type of power heads i should use in my tank

Welcome back to the forum . I personally use and am really happy with the jebao wp series powerhead.

Ah OK I'll do some research on those thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Vortechs if money isn't a concern. Next in line i would say tunzes. A lot of buzz around the jaebos. Then there are the old reliable hydors. Have fun!

Vortechs if money isn't a concern. Next in line i would say tunzes. A lot of buzz around the jaebos. Then there are the old reliable hydors. Have fun!

i think i will end up getting two jaebos thanks for the advice all

another question the tank is totally disgusting filled with left over algae and corraline the guy hadnt had it setup in a very long time so its hardened whats the best way to clean it

well i got it cleaned out gotta clean the sump all my equipment and dry rock is here ill update when i have everything setup and running hopefully sometime next week still have to get a few pounds of live rock to seed the dry rock

small update cycle is almost done my nitrites are coming down its been a long 3 weeks but i can finally start adding fish soon i cycled with 28 lbs live rock and 65 lbs dry rock from brs

2014_04_06_19_23_59.jpg

finally was able to add two fish last saturday and they are doing great decided to do something different with this tank so i got a pair of mated yellow stripped maroon clowns from a local reef club member

2014_04_13_16_27_36.jpg

Tank is aging nicely still have the two lyretail anthias and two mated maroon clowns and I got a Canon rebel going to upload some new tank shots

uploadfromtaptalk1407296879358.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1407296920512.jpguploadfromtaptalk1407296938529.jpg going to add another fish in the next few weeks

Back
Top Bottom