I'm going to tear down my 90g tank, and "REDO" maybe in a year or two. I've had enough battling with my hair algae, and with the kids and summer don't have the time to do daily harvesting.
My question is this - with my LR
being covered in algae - not completely but big chunks of it - could I simply take it out and put it on my deck for a few months to let it completely "die off", which will essentially turn it into base rock for my next go-round in the hobby?
To tear down I'm going to setup a small 37g for some of my non-algae covered lr
and living creatures, and sell off the livestock to local hobbyists.