Getting used to tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I I just bought a juvenile red coris wrasse and when I put it in the tank it was looking around a bit until my female clown came over and it went into the sand. It has moved from where it was in the sand before and I don't no where it is now. How long will it take until the coris will feel safe to come out all the time. Also how long should u leave moonlights on for. Thank you.

Once the Coris realizes he's safe from predation, he'll come out more. Shouldn't take too long, a few days.
With your moonlights, it's really up to you, but it is healthy for the tank to have a period of complete darkness. I like to mimic the moon phase, 1 week off ramping up to 1 week on almost all night, over the course of a month. I just thought it would be more natural for my stock.

Ok thank u is there anyway to find out where my corks is hiding in the sand

How big is your tank and do you have any inverts? I have a red coris wrasse too, he is gonna get pretty big and from what I've researched they get destructive as they age. They are also not reef safe. :-(

Mine hid for about a week of two before he started coming out more. Sometimes you can see him under the sand if you look around the edges of the tank, I've caught mine once or twice this way. lol Mine is now going through another shy stage as I believe he is starting to change colors. :))

Mine come out today for a bit and ate some pellet food but as I was preparing some mysis shrimp for him he must of got scared and swam to the back of the tank and went under the sand.

Ok guys my red coris wrasse came out on the second day when the lights where on and then it came out on the their day when the lights were off and it ate a bit of pellet food then. However for the last 2 days I have not seen it as I have had school how can I make sure it is ok?

Wrasses do that often when put into new tanks. I have a leopard wrasse that was buried in the sand for 3 weeks before it came out with the lights on. I wouldnt worry about it. It will come out when its ready to

Back
Top Bottom