well i finally received my skimmer from marine depot, its a super live coral, I was installing it on my sump and managed to fill the cup with sea water in about 2 secs and splashed a little water here and there, managed to dampen a couple power strips the kind with trips, well it kept right on working and I decided it was time to turn off the power before i pump 20 gallons of sea water on the carpet.
As I touched the off switch i felt a tingle that hurt like heck
, I had grounded the switch to my finger... 8O
So I went to Lowes to see if they had any GFI devices they had three types that plug in the wall one had three outlets and as soon as I plugged the damp power switch it clicked off and the light on the GFI went out.
I will never run a saltwater tank without some type of smart gfi trips .
Its a good thing.. here a pic...
PS that electriticy isn't reccomended for people unless their heart has stopped already..