glacier water is RO water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fierro Nights

Aquarium Advice Freak
i was at the store the other day when i came across a machine which i have seen around my area, its a Glacier brand water machine, its carbon filtered, UV, then its put through an RO filter.

has anyone used this water before for reef tanks? im interested as its only 29 cents a gallon and i can fill those big drums of water w/ the machine.

It's still missing the DI which should make it a lot more pure.

Take your TDS with you, buy some and test then you'll know what you're getting. The one thing you won't know is from trip to trip how well the RO is performing unless you test each time.

there is ozarka drinking water at the store, its been distilled, and RO, but they add calcium chloride, magnesium chloride, and sodium chloride, are these chlorides safe for coral?

one quick question, how much would y'all say you spend on the aquarium each month?, im still getting things set up, but in the last 3 months id say ive spend well over 700$ total, and i only have a 20 gallon and a small sump/fuge, pc light, protien skimmer.

the things i buy most often are testing supplies, salt, filter media, and a new tool for cleaning or such, and recently a book.

i think allot of people here have allot larger salt water tanks so im curious as to how much they upkeep is.

Back
Top Bottom