Glass Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chubby8055

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have been keeping tanks for years normally Fowler until s few months ago that I started with corals.

About 7 weeks now I have been fighting Cyano, weekly water changes, New clean up crew,New lightbulbs and for the last 5ish weeks I haven't had to wipe any algae from the glass. Nothing not even a spot.

Is this normal or is there another algae sucking up the nutrients? I don't have a refugium nor any macro algae. So wondering if this is normal or a sign of something else is wrong?

Meant to say consider yourself lucky? I'm just scraping off coraline on the front and sides as well. No nasty green stuff ever since I'm running GFO.

Lol thanks. What brand GDP u running? I was just considering to order from bulk reef supply

I would say the cyano is taking up all the excess nutrients. I would cut back on your lighting, if you're feeding everyday switch to every other day.

Using the BRS deluxe GFO reactor with the pellets? About 1 tblsp per 4 gallons. Huge improvement. Got it on Carey's group buy a while back. Couldn't be happier with it. Actually threw out my phosphate test kit cause it always read close to 0 but still had GHA.

Back
Top Bottom