glass polisher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltyfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys (and Gals) I am looking for advice on what the best snail would be for keeping the glass clean..... The only kind I have now are nerite and cerith and they are not doing anything to help with the glass. My tank finally got through the nasty diatom stage wih help from the ceriths =) Thanks in advance.

Your hand and a scraper or sponge made for aquariums is your best bet. No critter will clean your glass for you. If they do, it'd only be trails and small paths.

+1. Get a magfloat or other scraper for the daily chore and a Kent Pro or similar for the weekly scraping (pwc time)

Yeah i get what I can get too with my scraper and mag float, there are some hard to reach areas in my tank tho and places behind some of my rock, I guess it really doesnt matter that much but I know it is there and I want to clean it.....lol. My algea eater in my fresh water tank has spoiled me somewhat when it comes to keepin the glass clean. Maybe the coralline algea will start to grow on the glass and I wont mind that as much.... thanks guys

I use a magfloat, it does a great job. you can find them on ebay, cheap.

Pete

the magfloat i have is big so maybe i will try to find a smaller one to get into the hard to reach areas, BTW.... I love your lil quote thing. I am going to tell my husband that one.... lol

Back
Top Bottom