Glass tank cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cut some egg crate to fit as a lid still allows for good light penetration and air exchange while keeping those fishies where you want them.

I think this is going to be my plan as well! Show some pics!!

one problem with egg crate is they reflect a lot of light back onto your bulbs and can reduce the life of the bulbs. I would go with the 1/4" DIY screen lids from Bulkreefsupply

I'll get you some pics tomorrow, I believe my squares are 1/2" but I'm not sure. 54seaweed has a thread, Round 2, I stole his idea and he's got pics, FYI.

I picked this diffuser up at Home Depot. 13.97

Attachments

• Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 60
Since I have some 'In-Tank' equipment I had to cut the top to fit around it all.

Attachments

• Top Cut.jpg
    Top Cut.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 61
Any of you Canadian folk that want some help on local (Canadian) equipment online fire me a pm. I know of a few places and also of a place for decent led lights.

Since I have some 'In-Tank' equipment I had to cut the top to fit around it all.

I think that looks great! And very cost effective.

Home Depot calls this stuff diffuser? And in the lighting section?

In lighting yes, not sure what the specific name is. Product label says, "White Louvre."

At my home depot the dumb lighting guy had no idea what I was talking about. Found it in the construction side of the store.

Yeah, you can't ask for eggcrate....lol. they will send you to the supermarket. Wonder who named it that for this hobby....

Hey Pisces I finally got around to getting some eggcrate. What did you use to hold the egg crate? Top of my tank is just glass.

Back
Top Bottom