Glass tank cover?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is there any other system other then the taotronics one? Can't find that one on eBay. Anything else??

My tank is 72X18X24 so I got three18 to 24 in. size Marineland LED lights as they don't have a 72 in light. I put them going front to back rather than long way over the tank. I think I might get a forth one when I see how things in the tank look.

FORGET IT!! Marineland may use the term REEF in their led name, but it doesn't make it true. You would need no less than 3 x 36", 27 led light systems for every 2 feet of tank width. So for your 6 foot tank you will need 9, yes I said 9 of their 24-36" led lights to support corals in your tank.

MARINELAND DOES NOT MAKE A REEF CAPABLE LIGHT.

I think we need a sticky that says that.

Spend the money and get the AI sol super blue. I love mine and have seen tremendous growth since adding it. It's fantastic!

Goto Amazon.com and search. Taotronics 120 watt Dimmable LED. Great light plenty of bright left in mine, I've only turned it up all the way a couple of times but never use it at full power.

Goto Amazon.com and search. Taotronics 120 watt Dimmable LED. Great light plenty of bright left in mine, I've only turned it up all the way a couple of times but never use it at full power.

Is that one good for all corals? The only issue with that one is I don't like the hanging from the ceiling I like how the others attach over the tank.

Ingy I agree that there should be a sticky on marineland led system cause they had me sold that it would be great for corals.

Is that one good for all corals? The only issue with that one is I don't like the hanging from the ceiling I like how the others attach over the tank.

Ingy I agree that there should be a sticky on marineland led system cause they had me sold that it would be great for corals.
I've seen stand offs that could connect to the ends or you can make something out of acrylic .

You are correct, I don't like the hanging light look either and people forget to mention the fish you will lose from jumpers when you have an open tank.

Yeah that's my turn off from the taotronics 120w. I was looking at some tanks with egg crate for top. Which didn't look bad.

What is everyone using on there tanks? I like to have all kinds of coral and not worry if my lights can support them. If I have to ill buy the taotronics

Charlie, the nice thing about that light is it will support your next tank when you realize you have to upgrade.
Personally I'm waiting for Taotrinics to make their 160W dimmable as I have a very deep (31") tank. Besides, money is an issue right now. AI Sol make a nice light with more option, but a bit pricier.

Charlie, the nice thing about that light is it will support your next tank when you realize you have to upgrade.
Personally I'm waiting for Taotrinics to make their 160W dimmable as I have a very deep (31") tank. Besides, money is an issue right now. AI Sol make a nice light with more option, but a bit pricier.

That's right Ingy! Ill prob be going to a bigger tank in a year. Ill keep my eye out for best price eBay and amazon

I'm sorry. I thought I said my 6' tank is fresh water. No Marineland LED reef lights, no coral. So what do you think; will 3 lights be enough?

Charlie, I think thats one.

Here's another "buy now option" if the auction one goes too high.

New Aquarium LED Light 55X3W Bridgelux Coral Reef Dimmable 120W 120 Watt Dimmbar | eBay

SteLin, Sorry, I thought you had a Reef aquarium. As for its suitability for freshwater, thats a question best posted on that forum. It all depends on whether you have a planted CO2 system, low growth or a basic tank. It may be just fine. In fact, that's all Marineland lights are good for.

Charlie, I think thats one.

Here's another "buy now option" if the auction one goes too high.

New Aquarium LED Light 55X3W Bridgelux Coral Reef Dimmable 120W 120 Watt Dimmbar | eBay

SteLin, Sorry, I thought you had a Reef aquarium. As for its suitability for freshwater, thats a question best posted on that forum. It all depends on whether you have a planted CO2 system, low growth or a basic tank. It may be just fine. In fact, that's all Marineland lights are good for.

I'm iffy on buying anything from china on eBay lol. I tried to buy the taotronics AL-02 on amazon and it won't ship to my address canada. Oh my haha. Is that bridgelux just as good? I like how the taotronics has a 2 year warranty. Where else can I buy it??

I'm iffy on buying anything from china on eBay lol. I tried to buy the taotronics AL-02 on amazon and it won't ship to my address canada. Oh my haha. Is that bridgelux just as good? I like how the taotronics has a 2 year warranty. Where else can I buy it??

I'm also frustrated on the limitation of buying reef equipment here in the best country in the world (Canada).

I cut some egg crate to fit as a lid still allows for good light penetration and air exchange while keeping those fishies where you want them.

Back
Top Bottom