Glass Top to Plastic Egg Crate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

VAguy39

Aquarium Advice Regular
I bought some plastic egg crate and have it cut to fit my tank. My question is I have had a full glass top up to now. Is their any transition stages that I need to make? Can I just put the egg crate on? What will be the main things to look for if any?

Thanks all....

What type of lighting? It should not make too much of a difference. If you are worried, just cut back your lighting a few hours a day for a week or so.

I have the Coral Life 2X65 watt with moon light setup on my 26 Gal bow front. I mainly changes because the glass top was a pain to open when I needed to do feedings as my light covers the hinge a bit. Now I have the front bow part totaly open so feeding should be much easier.

I see no reason to alter your lighting schedule. You shoud be just fine.

Great....thanks for the quick post.

I have to say my tank would not be any where near as nice as it is now without the help from everyone on this forum. My tank is about one year old now and it is looking real good. All of my fish and corals are thriving and I know that would not be the case if I did not find this site. In fact I may have given up on salt water a few months into having my tank if it were not for this site. Taking care of my tank seems to get easier as time goes by.

Thanks again all....

I second that. Most of what I have learned about SW has come from the great folks on this site. Although we have never met, I consider a lot here my friends. Now it is time for you to get some pics of your tank in your gallery so we can all see what we have helped you with! Keep stopping by...

I will work on getting some posted. I do have a lot of nice pictures that I have taken. I will try and post some tonight after my kids go to sleep....In fact I just added a real nice piece of Hammer Coral it has very pretty green hammers....

I finally posted a few pic in my gallery. Now I need a bigger tank :) It's starting to get crowded in my little 26 gal.

Back
Top Bottom