Originally Posted by Needles15
Lets say you do have a cut and do get the toxin in your bloodstream, what happens?? You get Sick?
Keep in mind, that the body defends against stuff entering the blood stream very well.. i.e. bleeding. You would have to be actively bleeding to even have a chance of it getting into your blood stream. More likely you will be operating a saw of some sort and cut yourself with the saw which would be the source of palytoxins entering your body. My LFS
guy cut himself with a dremel that he had been fragging corals with all day. It caused enough issues to worry him but there was no actual damage caused by toxins. No aquarist has ever died from palytoxin as far as we know of.