glue for closed loop SCWD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
Im putting together a pvc closed loop scwd system and I was wondering if regular pvc glue and primer are the right choice. Are they toxic still when dry?

Dry PVC glue is fine. ALthough unless they changed the connections on the sqwd I dont see you being able to get the PVC glued directly to the sqwd. I had to convert the pvc to tubing and then connect the tubing to the sqwd via some good hose clamps.

i just wrapped the ends of mine in this black sealing tape i found in the pvc section to make it even then slid over the pvc and glued it, works for me, that may be an option, found it at hoemdept, forget the name though

I've used the pvc glue and primer for my closed loop and I haven't noticed a problem yet( since Aug 04'). I let the glue set for 48hr before running any water thru it to test the scwd.

pvc glue is not toxic when dry. Thats why they use it for freschwater lines.

just as an idea, did you look into the flo attachement made by hydor? I have three of those on my returns and they work great. ($10 at marinedepot)

Back
Top Bottom