Goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CluelessInNY

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey all. I added a goby to my 20 gallon tank. Likely, this is the last fish I will add to my tiny aquarium. I now have a clown and a goby, along with 4 turbo snails...two of which are huge.
Anyway, I was told by the LFS guy that the goby will eat anything I drop into the tank. Reading more, I see that he is actually a carnivore who prefers brine shrimp and stuff. He's been going nuts on those tiny "pods" on the glass of my tank. How do I acquire brine shrimp and stuff for him? Can I simply feed him thawed shrimp chunks?
Just wondering what you guys know.
Thanks!

I have one of those and yes he is like a trash can. He eats anything he can find including some of the pellets we put in there. He will also sift through your sand and help clean that out as well. Make sure you have a couple inches of sand so he can burrow and make himself a home. You can get brine and mysis shrimp and other meaty foods at the LFS. Melt it in some tank water and toss it in. Some people like to rinse it in tank water to minimize the phosphates and other stuff in the food getting in their tank.

I would stay away from brine unless you soak it in Selcon and Zoe, as brine generally doesn't have much nutritional value. I feed both brine and mysis, but I soak it in garlic guard, Selcon and Zoe for 20-30 minutes. My fish go nuts!

Thanks guys, as always you are all so great about helping us newbs.
He's been hiding in a cave I made with the LR and he doesn't seem to go out much. I hope he gets used to things and perches on the rock. I know they have great personalities, but mine sems a bit shy just now :(

Don't be surprised if it takes a week or two for him to really get used to the tank and start coming out more. Just got to give him a little time

Back
Top Bottom