goby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
I my local fish store is having sale on these enginer gobies and they kinda look like small Eels I was wondering if there were reef safe? and is it better than the watchman gobies ?

Thxs would you recamand a enginer goby or watchmen goby?

I really would want to know how big your tank is and what you have stocked already. How deep is your sand bed and also are your rocks very stable? Watchman need a deeper sand bed because they like to burrow. Myself if I had the right sand bed I would go for the watchman.

My tank 72 plus gallon i have 4-5 inch sand bed my rock is somewhat stable

Oh and I have 2 clownfish already and few snails and hermits and that's about it.

Your tank is large enough for either goby and both seem to be pretty easy to care for. It sounds like you really like the engineer and once you do a little more research I am pretty sure that is the one you will end up with. They change colors as they mature.

joy13 said:
Your tank is large enough for either goby and both seem to be pretty easy to care for. It sounds like you really like the engineer and once you do a little more research I am pretty sure that is the one you will end up with. They change colors as they mature.

I have both... Watch man 2 watchman I had for 4 years until on recently disappeared...the engineer was added like 6 months ago n yes they grow fast!! What I don't like too much is they both burrow into the sand.. MAking a mess ;;( but good to watch them

Thxs leaning towards geting a Dimond watchman goby they looked preety cool in the fs

Back
Top Bottom