Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #11
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

For that little bit of time you`ll be OK. If it was going to be 5 or more days I would suggest you try to find away to get them fed. Supposedly fish can go two weeks without being fed. I wouldnt want to test that out nor do I think it`s fair to the fish. JMO

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

hehehe my cat gets separation anxiety when I am gone for the weekend.... The fish just say "oh god-like feeding hand is back!"

I know what you mean though about Murphy's Law. Expect teh worst and when it doesn't happen you are relieved.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:26 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Regular

Well, I feel a little more at ease. Thanks guys.

Maybe I could set up a web can on the tank while I'm gone? Nah. That's a little overboard. lol. Besides, I'll be 300 miles away. I could see myself trying explain that to the cop when I'm rushing home to save the day.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:31 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody5465 View Post
Well, I feel a little more at ease. Thanks guys.

Maybe I could set up a web can on the tank while I'm gone? Nah. That's a little overboard. lol. Besides, I'll be 300 miles away. I could see myself trying explain that to the cop when I'm rushing home to save the day.
I know some people have used the "bathroom" idea to try to get out of a speeding ticket.

"Officer, my 90g tank has sprung a slow leak and if I go under 88mph I won't make it home in to time to save any of my fish!"

Or you could always say your flux capacitor was broke on your speedometer.
Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to melissasreef
I know how you feel about leaving the tank and all your friends. I too am having the same feelings. I have people coming to feed as I will be gone for 9 days. I like your webcam Idea... if i knew how to do it I would. I love my fish, and corals and do spend all day watching them. My hubby jokes that he thinks he'll have to put me in the car kicking and screamimg. I am going to be over 600 miles ( 12 hours) away, so there will be no ablilty to save the day for me either. I would go with everyones advice... you'll be ok since it is only a few day. Know that I will be feeling the same worries as you while I am away, too. Try to have fun though
Old 08-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I left my tank for a couple of days just recently and the only think i would be concerned about is topping of the tank. You could purchase an automatic top off machine. I know my tank evaporates quickly so im not sure if you would have the same problem.
Old 09-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #17
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to melissasreef
Well I thought I would let everyone know that I just got home from my 9 day trip. I had some one come to the house daily to check on my tanks. I let 2 pages of detailed instructions as well as had then come over to watch me take care of the tanks prior to me leaving. I got home and everyone is safe and happy!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com