Going Salt Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would invest in a ppm reader it's like 10$ on ebay and get an rodi unit. Test the distillers water first it should be 0 ppm

I would recommend to invest in a Tds meter and rodi unit. The Tds meter is like 10$ on eBay. Check the water you're using for top offs make sure it's at 0. Anything more will introduce excess nutrients in your tank which cause algae outbreaks.

Bulk reef supply has rodi units with built in Tds meters for relatively cheap. As previously stated, it's best if you get an ro unit with a Tds meter because it will give you an obvious sign of when your membranes need replaced. Also your water wouldn't always be brown because the reduced light does have an affect on it. If you can't go the rodi route, atleast invest in a meter and make sure your phosphates are low

My water is not brown. Its the sand and rocks that get brown after the lights have been on for a couple hrs. But I'm going to look into the system. I do have a phosphate liquid test.I have API mast sw kit n the reef kit tests. But will get meter.

Phosphrate seems to be 0-0.25

ForumRunner_20130226_123904.jpg

Ammo 0

ForumRunner_20130226_124029.jpg

Copper 0

ForumRunner_20130226_124135.jpg

Trites 0

ForumRunner_20130226_124229.jpg
And I gotta find my trates test is it the same as fw? We ordered the meter and a better salt meter. But does everything else look good?

Everything looks good. The brown stuff could just be diatoms. I have read that they can disappear overnight.

My water is not brown. Its the sand and rocks that get brown after the lights have been on for a couple hrs. But I'm going to look into the system. I do have a phosphate liquid test.I have API mast sw kit n the reef kit tests. But will get meter.

Sorry for the confusion. I was talking about the brown in the tank a a whole, not your water itself. Sorry about that

Back
Top Bottom