Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaygurl78745 View Post

Cardinals he likes those if i recall right theres a speices of them that is white n black striped right i think it starts wit a B? Are they good with clowns. I dnt really want any fish over say 4 inches max (dnt want any one cramped) also in petco we saw a chocolate chip start fish on there lil card says 5 inches max n every where i research says over a ft? I was thinking bout getting the clown from petco until i realized they are all misbard ( not saying that bad bc i lk sum of the misbared shaped but wen ur paying 40$ for a clown i kinda want his stripes right) i think we are gunna order from liveaquara ( stupid this wont let me correct spelling) as we can order the blk n wht O clown as a juvi n watch it change from orange to black which is wat my son wants to see it grow n change. They have a blennie at my ifs thats 50% off bc every1 says hes ugly n wont buy it :-( so i will prolly get him love how he swifts threw the sand. Would a goby n a blennie get along or r they a no go together?

Wud it b over stocked if i we did say the 2 clowns 3 b cardinals a blennie n a goby (if theyd get along n if they sudnt go together maybe a firefish or a 6 line wisse) gunna do a lil more research.)

My son said hi (durring chemo we do our research together he likes all ur suggestions
Tell your son I said hi too!!
Yes, those cardinals are called bangaii cardinals. They're peaceful. I have 2 in my reef tank. They school, so they do better if you get at least 2. And tank-raised ones have better chances of survival in a tank.

Gobies and blennies get along fine. What kind of blenny is the ugly one that no one wants? My starry blenny has one of those faces that's so ugly, it's cute, ya know? And I love his antennae.
For a 28g, I wouldn't do more than 5-6 small fish. In my 30g FOWLR, I have a jawfish, a small oscellaris clown, small chalk bass, an orange striped cardinal, Firefish and a half black angel. A lot of people would probably say that I'm overstocked in there, but I do 20% PWC every week, so my levels are good. I'm planning on upgrading to a 125g in the next year.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #52
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Its all up n running my hubby set it up n sent a pic. Will it clear up? N he said there was only two plugs does that sound right? N the night bulb dnt work im gunna have to call them hopfully they can just send us a bulb n not make us tare it down n send back. He also says it seems to quite?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121219_201208.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	138680

Old 12-20-2012, 12:32 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Starting to clear up. Getting the rest of the live rock and the filter media tmw n hoping everything goes well that my boy can come home nxt wed n pick his first fishy. Still gotta get a new gravel vac for this tank but i do have my test kit he's so excited thanks for alll the great advise ill keep this as my along the way thread.

I get to scape it tmw woo hoo

Name:	ForumRunner_20121219_233002.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	138713
Old 12-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Its all cleared up and the filter media is in. So hopefully well be good wed. I have a question. If I add more live rock over next cpl days will it mess with any thing
Old 12-22-2012, 04:17 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaygurl78745
Its all cleared up and the filter media is in. So hopefully well be good wed. I have a question. If I add more live rock over next cpl days will it mess with any thing
Shouldnt mess up anything. Also i cant remember if youre running sand or gravel but if you have sand, dont bother with a gravel vac. Just lightly swirl the sand to clear off any debris. Also just a suggestion but id attempt to keep all rocks away from the glass/corners. Itll improve the flow in the tank and itll allow you to run a mag-float/ glass cleaner without hitting rock
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post
Oh my gosh!!! I'm just so sad that people out there suck so hard at their jobs!! I've worked retail before and it's awesome and fulfilling if you are good with people and have some basic skills like tact.

I'm sorry they were so out of line, definitely yelp the whole story. Yelp is a very very good tool and a much needed reality check for business owners. Nobody should be talked to like that in a store, never ever ever.

I am the queen of "is your job description to be helpful or am I in the wrong place? I would be happy to yelp about my experience today, which I hope you enjoy reading with your boss tomorrow. I'm sure he can help you prepare for your next opportunity to make a sale, if you need some help learning how to perform without driving away customers."

I'm rarely this mad, but checking people who act cocky is a secret joy of mine, I love it! They just make the best faces while squirming and realizing the situation is going down. I'm going ream you, you can see it in my eyes, and I really love a big crowd when it happens.

My S/O is the opposite but ill jump right in and remind the rude person that I NOTICED THE ATTITUDE. I usually just drop "well thanks for your polite answer, why don't you try again so I can hear the professional response I was expecting?"
Bowing down to the queen of sass!

I wish I had the courage to do that too. But I'm just so antisocial that employees always make nervous.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:42 AM   #57
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafanatic View Post

Bowing down to the queen of sass!

I wish I had the courage to do that too. But I'm just so antisocial that employees always make nervous.
Heehee really though perhaps I should consider some anger management

(Need to return something with out a receipt? Gimme a call babe Ill hook it up)
Old 12-23-2012, 09:20 AM   #58
Aquarium Advice FINatic

The media has been in for a couple days n everything tested a ok. Yesterday on my way home I noticed a new fish store (oh no) so of course I gotta stop. They r not completely up yet but getting there. They have these almost red clowns I believe they were called vivid red. Any one know bout them. I guess they r pose be most colorful clowns.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:42 AM   #59
Aquarium Advice FINatic

This popped up in the rock. Is it good or bad.

Name:	ForumRunner_20121223_094125.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	139263
Old 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Thats some form of polyp coral i believe . Not bad at all. Also vivid reds are just a tweak of the reg clowns if i remember correctly

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
salt, salt water

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com