Going Salt Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have never had cromis but my brother and friend has and they never had any luck with them. If u add the clowns after there is a better chance of them not getting aggressive toward the fish in there

Yea clowns are prolly one of the most hardy fish thy are just more expensive the. A chromy still find it weird that the shrimp is ok and the clown died prolly was just sick or weak to begin with I cycled my tank with a adult Maroon clown that was to agressive for my buddies tank that guy deff sounds like a duch but the live rock thing is kinda a weird topic worms arnt really bad they are good bio diversity is awesome but just make sure wich worms u got are good haha that's a whole diff discussion

It was both clowns the passed. But the shrimp and coral are all normal and happy to my view, just puzzles me.. and I used filter media to cycle the tank and cheeked levels for a week and everything was fine. And it was cured rock. So Im assuming the fish were weak. They guy we got them off of wants to see us this weekend hopefully shed some light maybe it was a bad shipment.

Also in the back filter area in chamber 2 there's sponge media balls carbon and the white things (drawling a blank on the name) I'm going to start doing my own carbon sacks. How often should I change the sponges media balls carbon and white things. In my book it says every month but I can't imagine changing all at once would be good.

It was both clowns the passed. But the shrimp and coral are all normal and happy to my view, just puzzles me.. and I used filter media to cycle the tank and cheeked levels for a week and everything was fine. And it was cured rock. So Im assuming the fish were weak. They guy we got them off of wants to see us this weekend hopefully shed some light maybe it was a bad shipment.

I would not think that the tank could cycle in a week, with just using filter media from another tank. That being said, clowns are generally pretty tough and some people use them for fish-in cycling. It's odd that they did not make it, yet everything else is okay. Seems like it would be the other way around.

Also...that LFS sounds pretty bad. I'd avoid them in the future.

I would not think that the tank could cycle in a week, with just using filter media from another tank. That being said, clowns are generally pretty tough and some people use them for fish-in cycling. It's odd that they did not make it, yet everything else is okay. Seems like it would be the other way around.

I agree I thought the shrimp would a been lost if there was something wrong who knows.

Now I do have another question does the water chemistry change any with lights out I know I might sound crazy but they were fine and eating and swimming acting like clowns than lights out next morning two dead clowns. I'm going to the lfs we got them from shortly to talk to the guy.

And I agree maybe the tank wasnt completely cycled but there was no spike I tested every morning. We also used the live reef sand that was also pose to help the cycle(the sand that has the water in the bag). But who knows. I don't know if you read the whole thread but I was trying to best cycle it in a manor I was told wud help speed it up. I just don't understand the fish died but the shrimp are ok. Please don't think I'm complaining that they made it but I just don't understand. Considering shrimp sensitive and clowns - pretty hardy

We do 6g change a week. How often should I change carbon, sponge, media balls. Going pick up more carbon today and sponges. Do I have to use the media balls? I've heard they are not so great for reef tanks.

Well just back from the store and talked to the guy, he said that shipment of fish were shipped out on a Fri but because of the snow that Fri they nvr got delivered till Monday. And the employee that sold em to us was not pose to. All the clowns but died. He thinks it was a combination of being in a bag in the cold 3 days than the stress of being moved from one place to another that might have made them weak. He gave me a 50$ credit I only payed 20 each but he said the other 10 was for his ignorant emploee . So we got two blue green chromis and in a couple weeks try the clowns again.both the harlequin and the skunk shrimp are still doing great.

Now I have the nano cube and every where local only sells Bio cube stuff. Would a Bio cube ultraviolet sterilizer work for our nano cube?

Is there any kinda fish that eats these worm creatures?

Also the same night I brought home the two blue green chromis my hubby also brought home a lil dime sized black and white demsel I think he said it was. Now ekk I've read not nice things bout these guys being lil bas*erds . Are they really aggressive (looking for personal experience) should I take him back? After a Mon or so we are going to try a clown again. Also adding these 3 I'm hoping don't cause problems with the Bio load. Checking levels 3 times a day. (Aren't clown fish considered a demsel as well as the chromis?)

2 of our snails have Caroline on them..... should I clean it. I assume not but asking just to see

Ok going to try to keep this short. My son cancer has tripled in size and they are giving us 3 weeks with him. Although we have yet to find out why our fish have died and I org wanted wait like two more weeks before getting him another clown but with last nights news the wait can't happen that all he's been asking me for his a clown to say good bye. He's on complete bed rest unless his fevor breaks.

I don't wanna get shoot for this but we are going to follow his wish n get him his clowns. Our shrimp are still fine and the one cromis is still ok so I have to do this for him. I'll do daily water changes what ever I got to. Even tho my water seems fine. I just have to do it. I replaced the sponge in the filter and next week we will change the carbon, plz understand I'm not doing this purposely knowing I might lose the fish its just something I can't not do.

They asked us if we wanted to enroll in make a wish but my son just says no I wanna be home with my mommy n daddy n my nemo's (his tank and the movie) they than went on to offer to buy him his pair of clowns. Threw the program and they are going to have some one special give them to him (my hubby requested for the rock, we had a choice the rock or john cennia spelling is wrong I know)

Wow, this story breaks my heart...regardless of what others might say, being a parent of two healthy boys, I can't even imagine what you are going through. If having Nemos was my sons wish in this situation, I'd buy new ones every day if that kept him happy. There are certain times when the usual rules don't apply.

Wow, this story breaks my heart...regardless of what others might say, being a parent of two healthy boys, I can't even imagine what you are going through. If having Nemos was my sons wish in this situation, I'd buy new ones every day if that kept him happy. There are certain times when the usual rules don't apply.

Thank you. I just got off the phone with chip and the rock they are going to try and set up a time this week I can bring my son down to chip and he can meet the rock and if medically cleared he can go have lunch and go get his clowns with the rock but if he don't get the clear the rock will bring it to him. This is a great program I just wish I didn't have the situation he's my mamas boy.

How did the meet go? Did he get to pick his clowns or did The Rock bring them? Wish I could say something that would make it all better but I cannot. Enjoy your time you have and I hope the doctors are wrong.

As a father of 2 children I can only imagine what you are going though. I hope he enjoys his clowns as long as he can. And I hope the doctors are wrong.

We didn't have it yet his fever has not broken 104 his organs are gunna start shutting down. The meeting is going to happen at chip his next apt which is tmw. We had a issue last night thou he's been really sleepy. I got woken at 2am to glass shattering. He took my daughters metal bat to the tank. He said he can't make fish suffer. My older son got on my tablet and was reading him the one thread and some people disagreeded with doing fish in cycle and my son took it as its going to make them suffer like he is.

That stinks. The fish will be fine. It's too bad that people make things sound worse than what they really are. Especially in a case like this. If people want to bash me for saying that, please do so through Messaging, not here.

Hang in there. I bet you've got lots of people rooting for him!

Is it possible my lights are to strong? About 2 hr's after lights on the sand turns brown the lr gets all brown. Turn off the light and the brown goes away.

Ammo o trites 0 testes 10. I use sea water from petco and for top offs distilled water. If it was my water wouldn't it be brown all the time? Its only after lights have been on for a lil. Wen lights out it clears up.

Back
Top Bottom